Island Trees High School is a highly rated, public school located in Levittown, NY. It has 746 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Island Trees High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-178 Students
- B+130 Students
- B115 Students
- A-111 Students
- B+107 Students
- B92 Students
- B82 Students
- A+81 Students
- B-77 Students
- C+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Island Trees High School
- A-Lindenhurst Senior High School
- Lindenhurst Union Free School District, NY
- 267 reviews
- A-West Babylon Senior High School
- West Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 274 reviews
- A-Valley Stream North High School
- Valley Stream Central High School District, NY
- 116 reviews
- A-Mineola High School
- Mineola Union Free School District, NY
- 62 reviews
Island Trees High School Reviews
I was very fortunate to have attended Island Trees High School. Island Trees teachers are phenomenal! Every time I met a teacher, I felt great warmth and positive energy; and, there wasn’t a question or concern at my school that could not be answered by visiting one of those teachers. My only complaint would be the lunch provided by the school; it is not good and, most of the time, isn’t enough to fill the kids up.
Most teachers are the very least knowledgeable in their subject, but some have trouble conveying the lesson to students. There are attitudes to students either fall into one of three categories: would do anything for, are indifferent for, can't stand children. I've had outstanding teachers that have helped in personal lives and genuinely take interest in their development. The students themselves are a diverse group with many different personalities and types. We're a pretty well behaved school with very few really conflicts. Some kids that are on the rougher side cause trouble every so often, but they are outliers for the most part.
Island Trees is a good public school with teachers dedicated to making a difference in the educational experience of the students who attend it. Although the staff is motivated to teach the next generation of citizens, often times their impact is limited to an increasingly tightened budget. Certain sports and clubs are also favored by the administrators, leading to a disparity in the dispersion of the funds that are already low to begin with. Nevertheless, as long as a student went in prepared to learn as much as possible, they would prosper enough to make it to a good college. Especially due to the wide array of extracurriculars available, a student's resume had the potential to be impressive upon completion of four years at this institution.