Island School is a top rated, private school located in Lihue, HI. It has 417 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. Tuition is $15,600 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 96% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Island School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B20 Students
- A12 Students
- A12 Students
- A+11 Students
- A8 Students
- B+8 Students
- A-7 Students
- B7 Students
- A+7 Students
- A7 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Island School
Island School Reviews
This was a great high school. I felt over prepared when I went to college. Highly recommend! The campus is absolutely beautiful and the staff is so genuine and honestly cares about you. At Island School you get to learn in a loving yet academically challenging environment. It is also great because it is a Pre-k though 12th grade school, therefore you can essentially get your entire education here until you graduate and move on to college! I was and am so glad that I can say I am an Island School Alumni.
Being a student here for over 10 years, there's no doubt I absolutely enjoyed my life here. The teachers are clearly well-qualified to teach their subjects, the community is thriving and incredibly supportive, and the overall atmosphere is just nice. That being said, the disciplinary aspect of Island School could be improved.
It's a pretty good academic school, and the best education on Kauai. However, there is a lot of constraining policies and rules that the school upholds which makes it somewhat unpleasant as an everyday experience, especially as the staff seem not to care about more important issues like a bad teacher once in a blue moon or a bullying problem or even drug use. These are glossed over while the dress code and cheating on homework are strictly enforced. It's a good school with a lot of problems, all in all.