Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
Island School is a top rated, private school located in Lihue, HI. It has 424 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. Tuition is $16,500 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 96% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Island School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B37 Students
- A26 Students
- A24 Students
- A-22 Students
- A-18 Students
- A+15 Students
- A14 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Island School Reviews
I have attended Island School for 6 years and am in my final year currently. I love the community, everyone knows each other and teachers truly care about you as a student. You could ask any teacher anything and they'd help, even if it isn't their field of expertise. It is a hard school though and once you become a senior (what I am) you start to have nights where the homework can last 4 or 5 hours. It is rare but it does happen. It's definitely a stressful environment and is only built for college bound kids. There is a lot of pressure on good grades, SAT/ACT scores, etc. Not applying to college isn't even an option. But, on the flip-side, being so small and personal allows for a personalized experience. I've been able to start my own club, to personalize my schedule with independent studies, to be a key leader in MUN, to form close relationships with teachers (relationships I know I will have beyond graduation), create a close knit circle of friends, and more. I love Island School.
This was a great high school. I felt over prepared when I went to college. Highly recommend! The campus is absolutely beautiful and the staff is so genuine and honestly cares about you. At Island School you get to learn in a loving yet academically challenging environment. It is also great because it is a Pre-k though 12th grade school, therefore you can essentially get your entire education here until you graduate and move on to college! I was and am so glad that I can say I am an Island School Alumni.
Island school prepares kids for college, they make you work, it gets hard. It is easily the best school on the island and the teachers are always there to help the students. There are classes dedicated to just getting you into college. If a student wants to go to college, island school is the place to be.