Island Pacific Academy Reviews

I am currently attending IPA. It is an amazing school filled with wonderful students and staff! The teachers here really challenges your education and try to push you a little out of your comfort zone! The activities done have also prepared us mentally for college! I love the bond and communication between the school and families, especially during times like these! Giving weekly updates, ensuring all students and staffs safety, and putting forth best efforts to make learning as normal as then can be, makes my family and I thankful for IPA!
I'm mad because I can't give less than 1 star. Academics are a joke. Can't keep a decent teacher. Very, very unorganized. No principal / Head Master. The guy that's in charge of college admissions is a joke. No structure. No teachers. No activities. This year was the worst experience we have ever had with a school, by far!!!
If you care about your child this is not the place. Did such harm to my child grade wise. Might not ever be able to repair!
IPA is a very decent school for its locations. Because the public schools in hawaii are not very good i was enrolled in a private school. There is some competition with grades between students and some do the students act more elite then others. The teachers are good with some being better then others. There is a good bit of work load so you have to stay on top of work at all times. This school is a good option if it’s your only option left.
Start Your Review of Island Pacific Academy
Island Pacific Academy is a very small school, so you get this tight-nit community feel. You get to know your teachers very well as well as classmates and peers in different grades. It’s a really good college prep school, our counselor makes sure that we have everything we need to apply to college and make sure we have met all our deadlines. However, this school is very IB driven and there’s only a few amount of AP classes which I would prefer. But if you prefer IB then it’s a good academic program. Since the school is small there’s a limited amount of sporting events like we don’t have our own football team etc. There is also no like cafeteria, we are required to bring home lunch everyday, however there is still some catering options for our school.
Like any other school, Island Pacific Academy has its flaws. But what makes this school a 4-star school is that they try to improve, even though it means that they need to take 1 step back to take a giant leap forward. The faculty and students are always nice and fun to be around. I think this school has a lot more potential.
Island Pacific Academy is a tight-knit community, filled with friendly people and outgoing students. Since it is a small school, teachers have less trouble on putting more attention on their students to lead them in the right direction. However, some students don’t seem to want to take advantage of that, so a lot of them are a little too laid back. Also, while there are many clubs to join, equipment and facilities are limited and we do not have much campus space, so it is a little inconvenient for students to do what they really want to do. The tuition is also quite high, despite the minimal amount of “good facilities” they have to offer.
Although the school may seem small, we are a tight-knit welcoming community. With small class sizes, I am able to get one-on-one help with teachers and create strong bonds with classmates compared to other schools which have larger classes. The education fits to your learning pace and help is always available for students. Although because we are a small school, we lack in sports and athletics. Are programs are smaller compared to most schools on island but our drive is just the same. If ever considering going to Island Pacific Academy, it’s great for those who like small classes, one-on-one teaching, and strong bonds with classmates who you’ll remember for life.
I think that while Island Pacific Academy definitely has its problems as any school does it has a wonderful atmosphere that encourages students to do there best and helps them learn leadership skills along with everyday school learning.
I appreciated the small classroom size, which allowed the students to get to know their classmates/teachers. There were also a variety of clubs/activities, such as Interact, LGBT, theater, dance, etc.,
I like that it was easy for me to make new friends this past year at Island Pacific Academy; I moved from Maryland to Hawaii last summer and missed all of my friends in Manchester, Maryland. When I got to Island Pacific Academy the kids were outgoing and welcoming. I also participated in sports for the first time to include track, volleyball, and basketball. Although I was not the best player it was still enjoyable because of the friends I made along the way. My teachers are friendly and always willing to help me if I have any questions or need additional help with assignments.
The people at the school are great! We have the normal arguments and frustrated students but when push comes to shove there has always been a teacher or another member of the staff that students could trust and I loved getting to know everyone there, especially the friends that I will cherish forever
Administration is awful in the secondary building. They try, but they're not connected to the rest of the school so some of the decisions they've made could have been more effective if they had talked to the community more.

The teachers and students are amazing, but not many teachers stay so it's hard for the school to work out the kinks in courses. It also means some information (especially concerning colleges) slips through the cracks when a past teacher assumes a future teacher will go over it, and a future teacher assumes the class already knows. Thankfully, the teachers are wonderful and always willing to spend extra time answering questions or just talking.

Overall, if there's anything I'll miss about IPA, it's the community. It's impossible to walk down the hall and someone not smile at you, just as it is unlikely you will ever find yourself alone when you need help.
Island Pacific Academy is a private school located in Kapolei, Hawai'i. I feel that IPA has a very rigorous education system. For instance, it is an International Baccalaureate (IB), school. In my opinion, the system is flawed and it doesn't allow for a lot of students to reach their full academic potential. I would recommend more AP classes for upper students to receive college credit, other than just the IB courses. They don't have a lot of facilities compared to other private schools on the island as well. However, the people that make up the school is what sets it a part from others. The students and faculty really do care and there is a real sense of "family" when you go there. I have made life long friends and we have a bond that is unbreakable. This is what makes IPA so special. The people genuinely care for you and will go the extra mile to help you succeed.
IPA has a very outstanding community. Everyone here has something to say and when it's your turn to talk everyone is dying to listen. It's an amazing school to attend and I am proud that I am going to be graduating from this school soon.
I've been at IPA for many many years and it's become sort of like my second home. With a relatively small student body and campus, I've grown close to not only my peers but to the faculty as well. Even though we are not large in size, we are large in spirit and heart, teaching and welcoming kids from all over the US and other countries as well.
I enjoyed the positivity that came with the environment of the teachers and the staff. I was challenged with in-depth courses that helped my capabilities as a student.
I.P.A. is overall a really good school. The academics are great and the teachers are heavily involved with ensuring their students success. There are various athletics that students can be involved in, even some D1 sports.
Start Your Review of Island Pacific Academy
The school community is incredibly friendly, welcoming, safe, and encourages each student attending be involved in any part of the community. Because of the tight community, each student is given equal opportunities. However, the resources could be a little more diverse, and the academics could be a little more structured. Overall, I am very happy with my experience at IPA.
Academics are a certifiable joke. The days consist of far too much independent, non-instructional time (and kids watching youtube). This school is the most expensive babysitter I have ever hired. Don't waste your time or money here. My kids have attended schools in multiple states, and their education was extraordinarily unsatisfactory at IPA. Disenrolled and found a better program.
Simply terrible. Academics are a joke and are not commensurate with mainland school systems. High-quality teachers from a few years ago are gone. STEM classes are elementary and more arts and crafts than anything. Save your time and money. Look elsewhere. We disenrolled our middle schooler halfway through the year after no improvements were made.