Irwin County High School is a public school located in Ocilla, GA. It has 456 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Irwin County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-46 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-37 Students
- B+32 Students
- A-18 Students
- C+17 Students
- B+16 Students
- B-13 Students
- C+11 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Irwin County High School Reviews
My overall experience with Irwin County was phenomenal! The school is in a small town by the name of Ocilla. Irwin teachers make sure that their students are in top shape when it comes to academics. The teachers prepare students for subjects in other grade levels and more. My favorite supporter throughout the school was the principal. Coach Billingsley was the best principal at Irwin County High School. He knew every student's name, and grade and made sure the student was in good shape mentally and spiritually. He cares for the students safety as if we were his own children. Coach B, and every faculty member made sure that students were well rounded and ready for adulthood (college, jobs, etc). The sports and clubs have a great fan base and supporters. Coaches and Band Directors made sure that students were on top on their grades BEFORE getting on any fields or mats whatsoever. Irwin County is a home, and I highly recommend anyone interested in Irwin County High School to attend.
Irwin County High School excels at not only academics, but also sports. In the last two years our football team has made it to the state championship and our girl's tennis team has made it to state and actually won last year. It is exciting to see so many fellow students do well on and off the field. The experiences I have had at Irwin County High School have definitely been the most exciting! If I had to chance to start over I would want to go to ICHS all throughout my primary schooling.
There are very few teachers that are hired at this school that actually take adequate time preparing their plans for the year. Most of the teachers have worked there for too long and have therefore started viewing their teaching positions as a habit with a summer vacation instead of being actively and happily involved in the school environment. Many students, especially and specifically the students that are advanced, are given ineffective teachers rather than the appropriate teachers for their intelligence. Those teachers tend to go to the students that don't want to be attending school at all.