Irwin County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-40 Students
- C+38 Students
- A+35 Students
- B+27 Students
- C+16 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-13 Students
- C+13 Students
- B9 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Irwin County High School Reviews
Review Irwin County High School
Irwin County High School excels at not only academics, but also sports. In the last two years our football team has made it to the state championship and our girl's tennis team has made it to state and actually won last year. It is exciting to see so many fellow students do well on and off the field. The experiences I have had at Irwin County High School have definitely been the most exciting! If I had to chance to start over I would want to go to ICHS all throughout my primary schooling.
There are very few teachers that are hired at this school that actually take adequate time preparing their plans for the year. Most of the teachers have worked there for too long and have therefore started viewing their teaching positions as a habit with a summer vacation instead of being actively and happily involved in the school environment. Many students, especially and specifically the students that are advanced, are given ineffective teachers rather than the appropriate teachers for their intelligence. Those teachers tend to go to the students that don't want to be attending school at all.
At ICHS there are tons of clubs and organizations to get involved in. Most of our clubs are very well known within the state of Georgia, and also the country. FFA is probably the most popular club. While I am not in FFA I do know they are very well known for their excellence in agriculture. FCCLA is also a very popular and well known club. TSA, a club I am actually a part of, is also a popular club. The diversity in the club is great. We have kids that you would expect to be in the club, meaning the honors class kids, but also people that are mostly ag oriented are in the club. Club experiences at ICHS are the best.