Irvine High School Reviews

Irvine high is a school with spirit and involvement. We are a school that wants to bring change to the community. Students are exposed to rigorous academic courses to prepare us students for college while still maintaining a balance between extracurricular activities and social life. Irvine high, as an IUSD school puts the safety of students to the highest regard and have open forums for students and faculty to discuss and bring change to improve our school even more.
At Irvine High School, the students are not very friendly or connected with each other. There is very little interaction with people other than your immediate friend group. Some of the teacher are amazing and very engaging, but other are very strict and not great at teaching the material. There is very little interest in clubs so it is hard to get members to join clubs for your interests.
IHS offers a generally friendly environment. However, I have no idea why certain teachers have kept their jobs as long as they have, as they clearly hate their jobs and despise those they consider as "children"--some of us do act like they belong in elementary school, but this is grossly unfair to everyone else. That said, most of the teachers I have had the pleasure of working with were admirable, and a few significantly exceeded my expectations.
Lunch tables can only accommodate ~15% of all students; everyone else gets to sit on the floors, and many of the staff lack the courtesy to allow students to eat in most of the buildings. So you're probably going to end up sitting on concrete, leaning against a stone wall for lunch all year. The food sucks too.
Maybe the school is poor, but they still can't afford intercom speakers that don't translate words into incomprehensible static.
Start Your Review of Irvine High School
Irvine high is a good environment with good people. Academics and extracurricular activities are very good. Block scheduling is nice. There are few lockers, many of which are in poor condition. The food is not great and there are few vegetarian cafeteria options. I love the water bottle-refilling station.
Irvine High School seeks to provide its students with the best faculties and education. It promotes integrity, honor self and others and social responsibility. I graduated this year from IHS and as I look back, I would not have spent my four years of high school anywhere else. I wish that there were lunch tables at IHS because I remember always eating on the floor. Once a Vaquero, always a Vaquero.
Good community of kids. Never saw anyone being bullied. Some teachers hated the kids. Some tenured teachers stopped caring about their jobs after they got tenure.
The courses were not too challenging. Some teachers cared. The workload wasn't crazy. School spirit is increasing.
Irvine High School offers an environment with a great teachers and classes. I love how passionate the teachers are, and the majority of the teachers really care for the students. I would like to see Irvine offer more courses for students to explore different career options and discover their passion.
The teachers are very kind and care what they do. Faculty are mostly efficent when giving directions or instructions. The people are nice and care what they do for the most part.
The best thing about this school are the teachers they really care about the students and their welfare. However, the administration is very disorganized most of the time and hard to work with.
The people are pretty cool. The faculty however could use a little changing. There are a lot of really good and decent teachers. There are a few teachers however who should not be teaching and should be fired if not for their tenure. The food is also nasty and the district as a whole is underfunded. When the school does get money, however, it doesn't use it on materials that would actually help their students. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the people who allocate funding really have students best interest in mind. There is also a heavy "push" that community college is a good choice which I believe persuades students to aim for mediocrity.
There are good teachers, a clean campus, helpful counselors, and plenty of clubs/activities. It's is also a very diverse school, probably the most out of IUSD high schools
I am grateful for my experience at this institution for preparing me for college. I highly recommend taking advantage of the academic resources including a variety of AP classes. Very poor school spirit and academically competitive environment.
I loved my group, I joined the Film and Television program and it was my best decision in high school. I miss the school and wish I could still be in high school because of this program. They work with simply the best Film education program to ever help a high school campus, FilmEd Academy of the Arts. Its a college level course that almost everyone who participates is ready to test out of Film 1 and 2 at any college. So essentially in your time in high school, you complete 2 years of film study while working with amazing teams to create bi-weekly broadcast and films that can be submitted to The Orange County Film Festival for free. This is why this school is amazing. In addition to very high-level academics as it's an Irvine Unified School and the amazing culture and diversity of this area. Thats why people love the school and for that matter the Irvine School District.
Irvine's got a lot of pride and confidence, but some students find the school lacking in funding. The teachers are well educated and experienced, and the majority of students are doing well.
Everyone here is very smart and the school is competitive in sports and academics. It is an open campus and the weather here is nice.
I liked the different extracurricular activities the school had to offer. I did drama and choir when I was in high school. These classes were inspiring and allowed me to explore new interests I never thought I'd have. It was a great experience.
The teachers were also pretty decent. I had a couple of teachers I didn't like, but I think you get that wherever you go. The teachers I did like were very supportive and took the time to help me when I was struggling. For example, I've never really been good at math. When I was a senior in high school, my math teacher saw I was struggling and offered to tutor me. With his help, I got a B+ in a math class.
The only thing I would change about this school is they don't push you to do more than what is necessary to graduate. They tell you about extra things you can do to get a higher GPA but don't say you should do it. I wish I had that extra push when I was in high school.
Start Your Review of Irvine High School
Everyone at the school is super helpful. It was my first day a week ago and everyone was more then willing to show me my classes and help me even if it meant they were a little late too theirs. The teachers are super kind and easy going as well, but at the same time very motivating and good role models. Also the school spirit is exilarating there. Everyone wears the school colors with pride and so do I.
I like the diversity and the friendly atmosphere. The teachers and the students are hard working, and are very easy to approach. I would like to see improvements in the scheduling and the cafeteria food.
Irvine High School is a great public high school that prepares students for college. It is a highly competitive school which motivates young students to learn the materials taught. Many teachers are eager to assist students when they need help. The staff helps encourage the development of well rounded students in academia, athletics and the arts.