Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesD-
Irrigon Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Irrigon, OR. It has 374 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Irrigon Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-69 Students
- C+67 Students
- C+59 Students
- A-56 Students
- B-46 Students
- B38 Students
- A-22 Students
- A-21 Students
- NG20 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Irrigon Junior/Senior High School
Irrigon Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I love Irrigon High School. It is were I grew up. All of the teachers are very kind and want to help you succeed but you must put some time/effort in as well. They all have their own teaching style which is good because the students are always doing something different every class period. Although everyone is amazing, Irrigon High school needs more organization. The students there need to be held up to a standard. School is a major part in a kids life and if the school and staff do not know what to expect from the kids and hold them accountable for that, the students are going to do whatever they want. Students will not learn a whole lot if they are doing whatever they want in the classrooms and we can sometimes see that in Irrigon High School. I believe that if the school had an organized plan of how to educate and engage with the students, there would be a drastic change in the kids attitudes and thoughts in school. This would increase my rate on the school.
Irrigon Junior/Senior High School is a very friendly school, however, it doesn't have many resources for their students. This school should have more opportunities for their students to receive college classes/credits, so they can have the option to earn more college credits if they want to. Most of the clubs are very active and helpful for the community. Key Club and FFA are two of the clubs that are very involved in the community. I wish this school offered more academic opportunities for their students and better sports.
Irrigon is a very small school. For some people, this is a bad thing, and for others, it's great. I would say that Irrigon is a fairly average school; average classes, with average students. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though. One thing I would say that is really good about Irrigon is that most of the teachers have good relations with the students and most of the students like the teachers. The school food is still school food, unfortunately, but that's to be expected.