Iroquois West High School is a public school located in Gilman, IL. It has 294 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
PO Box 67
Gilman, IL 60938
Iroquois West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-37 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+28 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+21 Students
- B19 Students
- B17 Students
- A-8 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Iroquois West High School
- BWatseka Community High School
- Iroquois County Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- PK, 9-12
- 36 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 38 reviews
- BTri-Point High School
- Tri-Point Community Unit School District No. 6-J, IL
- 7 reviews
- A-Cissna Park Senior High School
- Cissna Park Community Unit School District No. 6, IL
- 51 reviews
Iroquois West High School Reviews
I have days where I love school and some where I just wanna leave. It has it's perks. There are many clubs to join. A bad thing, our teachers don't like to stay. I believe that in the past four years, we have had 7 different math teachers. Although, the English teachers are amazing. Our science department is also well. I believe our band and choir are most of the popular classes aswell
I liked that with all the diversity, you were allowed to be yourself. No one judged you for all the weird or strange things you did. Sure, you have the average groups you would see in high school, but they are not as tight-knit. It's almost like a family being at Iroquois West.
Overall the teachers at Iroquois West are really great people, with a few exceptions. Their teaching styles are average, but they work for the students who are actually trying to gain some knowledge. The interest in students is very biased, many teachers have a favorite type of student or just a favorite student. Many teachers at Iroquois West have average communication skills, but a few of them actually know what they are talking about. Grade-wise the teachers tend to be random at times, but they usually get it all together by the time report cards need to come out.