Ironton High School Reviews

Ironton is great school to prepare students for the next step at college. The facilities are great and well taken care of. You can tell everyone really appreciates the school and wants to take care of it. There isn’t much diversity, but that can be expected from a small town school in Appalachia. I have loved my experience at Ironton and I’m grateful to be a future alum.
Ironton High School is very family orientated and the community supports each other throughout and everyday basis. Whether it’s coming to sporting events, plays, or even academic assemblies, everyone is always there. One thing I’d like to see change about Ironton High is to make it more diverse. I feel like living in a small town there’s not going to be much diversity throughout the area, but I think we should try our hardest to welcome more cultures and ethnicities. Overall, I believe Ironton High has helped me grow as a young women and the classes have prepared me for college life in the future.
My experience has been over the top her at Ironton. They have great education and they push you to work hard on your grades everyday! The school is always clean everyday and you tell how hard our janitors work! The food is absolutely amazing and the food staff always works the hardest to make sure everyone has something to eat either their vegan, vegetarian, or if your an athlete with a special kind of diet! Ironton has the best hard working staff I know. The school is very supporting with all academics, sports, or all of the arts . I wouldn’t change a thing about this school. We have a great campus , we could walk to OU southern and take college credits, or we have a lot of opportunities that others school may have. This school has the best spirit I’ve seen from any other school ,even though I might be a little biased. One more thing before I go. GO FIGHTING TIGERS!!!!
Start Your Review of Ironton High School
Ironton High School is very Prestigious and definitely worth the Blue Ribbon Reward it was given in 2014. However, it is so prestigious is knowledge and athletics that there is little to no light shining on art. Most of their media is mediocre quality, and I had to hold most of it up to keep the show running and when I left it definitely revealed a downfall. Ironton High School however also offers a secondary school that has the best Graphic Design technology in the state, but sadly this school is looked in a negative light because it also is used as an alternative school.
Regardless, if you want a smart kid, then bring them here. If you want a creative kid then take them to Collins by don’t expect any good out of it from the high school. (I received a National Technical Honors society certificate and the school refused to announce it.)
I loved going to Ironton high school. The staff there cared about how you were doing and if you were not doing good they did what they could to help you out. They have hard classes to challenge you and classes to prepare you in the future.
Went to Ironton all 4 years of high school and loved it! I think they should have had more of a quantity when it came to sports and coaches did not show favoritism. Made a lot of friends, but would not live it over. Some teaches were great other teachers were average because they just treated teaching like a job and did not care. I think that students should get thrown out of sports if they could not pass a drug test. I believe that teachers and principles showed favoritism just because I did not participate in school sports only because I show horses all of the time and didn't have time for sports.
Ironton is focused on preparing their students for college and for life after high school. The staff and administration are amazing.
I've enjoyed being a member of air force rotc. I have had many employment opportunities at Ohio University. The clubs I have joined have helped me make tons of life long friends.
The teachers vary. Some are high quality and some are low.
We are more of a conservative town with Christian values. I wouldn't say we don't accept others, but it's still very hard to at this point.
There were a lot of very knowledgeable and likeable teachers at IHS. they integrated a lot of technology and tried to use a lot of real- world experiences to teach their lessons.
There are a lot of good extra- curricular activities. Most were financially accommodating.
We have the most school spirit and school tradition the dates back for decades. I've never seen any other small town like ours with such school spirit that would do anything or their kids.
I felt, in comparison to other students from nearby school districts and also in comparison to students I met in college, at a great disadvantage. I felt very unprepared academically as well as socially.
If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't want to go anywhere else but Ironton High.
We have police at our school every day, and the nurse is always there to help when you need anything. I feel very safe.
I think the student body as a whole is accepting. You don't see a whole lot of bullying. We have a lot of racial diversity and many people with a different sexual orientations and no one really has many problems with it.
Start Your Review of Ironton High School
There are some teachers who obviously don't put enough time into their classes, and some whose grading isn't fair, but for the most part we have great teachers who really care about their students and go above and beyond.
Other than the hamburgers, I think the food is decent. We have a wide variety of options on the menu, especially with the sale of "extras".
I think all the faculty genuinely cares about the students and wants to see them succeed.