Ironton High School is a public school located in Ironton, OH. It has 381 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Ironton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-59 Students
- B-51 Students
- A+39 Students
- C+38 Students
- C31 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-19 Students
- A18 Students
- B-16 Students
- C-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Ironton High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Ironton High School
- C+Boyd County High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- 98 reviews
- BPaul G. Blazer High School
- Ashland Independent Schools, KY
- 118 reviews
- CSymmes Valley High School
- Symmes Valley Local School District, OH
- 24 reviews
- C+Huntington High School
- Cabell County Schools, WV
- 174 reviews
Ironton High School Reviews
Ironton High School is very family orientated and the community supports each other throughout and everyday basis. Whether it’s coming to sporting events, plays, or even academic assemblies, everyone is always there. One thing I’d like to see change about Ironton High is to make it more diverse. I feel like living in a small town there’s not going to be much diversity throughout the area, but I think we should try our hardest to welcome more cultures and ethnicities. Overall, I believe Ironton High has helped me grow as a young women and the classes have prepared me for college life in the future.
My experience has been over the top her at Ironton. They have great education and they push you to work hard on your grades everyday! The school is always clean everyday and you tell how hard our janitors work! The food is absolutely amazing and the food staff always works the hardest to make sure everyone has something to eat either their vegan, vegetarian, or if your an athlete with a special kind of diet! Ironton has the best hard working staff I know. The school is very supporting with all academics, sports, or all of the arts . I wouldn’t change a thing about this school. We have a great campus , we could walk to OU southern and take college credits, or we have a lot of opportunities that others school may have. This school has the best spirit I’ve seen from any other school ,even though I might be a little biased. One more thing before I go. GO FIGHTING TIGERS!!!!
Went to Ironton all 4 years of high school and loved it! I think they should have had more of a quantity when it came to sports and coaches did not show favoritism. Made a lot of friends, but would not live it over. Some teaches were great other teachers were average because they just treated teaching like a job and did not care. I think that students should get thrown out of sports if they could not pass a drug test. I believe that teachers and principles showed favoritism just because I did not participate in school sports only because I show horses all of the time and didn't have time for sports.