Irondequoit High School is a highly rated, public school located in Rochester, NY. It has 1,191 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Irondequoit High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A64 Students
- A-60 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+52 Students
- B51 Students
- A48 Students
- A+44 Students
- B42 Students
- B+40 Students
- A35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Irondequoit High School
- AWebster-Schroeder High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- 207 reviews
- AHilton High School
- Hilton Central School District, NY
- 181 reviews
- A-Spencerport High School
- Spencerport Central School District, NY
- 140 reviews
- A+Fairport Senior High School
- Fairport Central School District, NY
- 290 reviews
Irondequoit High School Reviews
It's okay. It's not big enough for the amount of kids that go there, which they should really fix. The musicals are hit or miss and stage crew is a bad environment, which sucks. The hallways get super crowded during passing time and you must learn to weave in between the clumps of students, which gets annoying. However, it is way better than Dake in literally every single way it can be so it has that going for it. They have good electives and okay enough teachers, so it's fine, I guess. Dake was just really terrible and that makes the high school seem way better than it actually is.
Irondequoit High School tries so hard to do things, but nothing changes. Administration only punishes people, not support them in any problems they may have. Counselors only help with college. So many kids are stressed and no one does anything about it. Too much homework, people are smoking and drinking because of the stress. And all the school does is punish them. They don’t care about their students no matter how much they claim they do.
Irondequoit High School holds education very highly, and I have had very positive experiences, in that almost all of my teachers have gone above and beyond in ensuring I excel in my classes. Not only do they care deeply for the students' educations, but they are open and easy to talk to about life and are very invested in the students. This school makes students feel very safe and valued while effectively preparing them to succeed and be prepared in the future.