Irondequoit High School is a highly rated, public school located in Rochester, NY. It has 1,178 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Irondequoit High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-92 Students
- A-89 Students
- A-77 Students
- B-71 Students
- A67 Students
- B65 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+56 Students
- B56 Students
- C55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Irondequoit High School
- AWebster-Schroeder High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- 226 reviews
- AHilton High School
- Hilton Central School District, NY
- 201 reviews
- ASpencerport High School
- Spencerport Central School District, NY
- 156 reviews
- A+Fairport Senior High School
- Fairport Central School District, NY
- 315 reviews
Irondequoit High School Reviews
While the teachers are quite supportive of the students, and college readiness is definite, the school has no diversity. Some staff have prejudiced tendencies, specifically against the few african-american kids here. Many of the kids of color are urban-suburban students, which is a good program. As a poc student here, i’ve only had a few problems with staff and administration, but in this school, if you aren’t living in the district and you have darker skin, there’s less of a chance that they’ll listen to you. As a positive, there’s a variety of sports teams to join in this school, and the field house is very close. There are many Advanced Placement classes, plus a variety of electives to take. The art, business, and auto departments are well supported, but the music department has had so many budget cuts. The chorus room isn’t fit for the amount of students, as it used to be a storage closet! The school is mediocre, poor quality, but that’s just my personal experience.
These past four years at Irondequoit High School have been such a learning and growing experience for me. Whether it was a positive or negative, I was able to able to walk away with a new experience. As I reflect on the rest of my high school experiences, I can say each year got better for me with my academics and athletics. I was on honor roll, captain of my soccer team, and a leader in classes. I have encountered many great teachers that have made learning fun and my confidence level stronger!
My Highschool career has been nothing short of memorable. Over the past four years I have participated in many activities that the school offers. I have been in student council for 3 years, helped back stage or been in the annual spring musicals and took numerous great classes. The wide variety of classes students can take is great, I took an auto class one year and orchestra the next. I cannot say that this school lacks in providing options for students pursuing any career. The atmosphere of extra curricular activities, especially sports, is very spirited. The students always tend to show up and support our teams. Teachers and staff are also very helpful, they will always take the time to help you understand your materials. As a senior, I'm quite sad that my school career is getting cut short due to Covid-19 because I've had a fantastic run at Irondequoit High School.