Irondale Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Brighton, MN. It has 1,682 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Irondale Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+312 Students
- A106 Students
- A+102 Students
- B+84 Students
- B75 Students
- B72 Students
- B70 Students
- C+66 Students
- B+61 Students
- B57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 117 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Irondale Senior High School
- A+Mounds View Senior High School
- Mounds View Public School District, MN
- 304 reviews
- AHenry Sibley High School
- West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan Area School District No. 197, MN
- 228 reviews
- ASouthwest Senior High School
- Minneapolis Public School District, MN
- 366 reviews
- AHopkins Senior High School
- Hopkins Public Schools, MN
- 344 reviews
Irondale Senior High School Reviews
I went to Irondale for all of my four years of high school, and I am so happy I did. There are many opportunities for involvement. Whether it be sports or music, Irondale has it all. I am currently attending the U of M, and I was able to come into the U with 40 credits. Irondale was a huge support by providing and suggesting many AP classes. I am also grateful for the great diversity at Irondale. Overall I would highly suggest this school!
With friendly teachers, warm and friendly deans, and a comfortable atmosphere, Irondale Senior High school is an amazing place to be. Every teacher I met cared about their students, encouraging them to grow and succeed in ways many didn't think possible. They are willing to challenge when needed and advice whenever possible. But the most important part is that their staff; teachers, deans, office help, and wellness team alike, are the most caring and embracing group of people you will ever meet. I will always love and give back to that school as much as I can because of the incredible amount of integrity that they as a school uphold. Thank you, Irondale staff, for making the last 4 years of my life memorable and outstanding.
My overall experience at Irondale High School, has been great! It is a very diverse school, you feel welcomed right when you walk in the door. My 8th grade year, I started dancing and playing volleyball for the high school, they were very helpful and made sure I was enjoying my experience! Irondale also has an early college program that provides students to take college level classes for early college credits. Teachers are very involved and love helping their students! I've never had a problem with getting help when not understanding a material. Irondale is a very well-rounded school and I would recommend it to many families.