Irondale Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Brighton, MN. It has 1,670 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Irondale Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+371 Students
- A-127 Students
- A+122 Students
- B+108 Students
- B89 Students
- B89 Students
- B86 Students
- C+71 Students
- B68 Students
- A65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 119 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Irondale Senior High School
- A+Mounds View Senior High School
- Mounds View Public School District, MN
- 319 reviews
- AHenry Sibley High School
- West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan Area School District No. 197, MN
- 244 reviews
- AHopkins Senior High School
- Hopkins Public Schools, MN
- 365 reviews
- ARoseville Area Senior High School
- Roseville Public School District, MN
- 490 reviews
Irondale Senior High School Reviews
I loved the inclusivity and diversity that Irondale offers. There is always a resource, club, teacher, for anything that you need. I personally feel like the classes and rigorous courses that were offered to me were extremely helpful in preparing me for a post-secondary career. I plan to apply for college in a few months and I will definitely be reaching out to a few connections throughout my high school to help me throughout the process. My guidance counselor has played a large part in my high school career, also. She's been able to direct me on the right path to a future that I'll fit into and it's helped me mentally and physically. The relationships I've built while at Irondale are sure to last a lifetime, even once we all graduate. Thank you Irondale for everything that you have done for me and I will always be a Knight supporter!
Irondale High School really prepared me for college. By having the opportunity to take college-level courses by being duel enrolled with Anoka Ramsey Community college, take AP courses, and take CLEP tests, I was able to complete a full associate's degree that transferred to Concordia University. I learned the study skills and habits that are necessary for college during my time at Irondale. I also enjoyed the many extracurricular activities that Irondale had to offer, including marching band, chamber orchestra, jazz band, and a variety of other clubs and sports. These groups helped me build leadership skills while also forming connections with other students. Overall, Irondale was a wonderful high school and I really enjoyed my time there.
Irondale is a highschool that has made a lasting impression on me for life. I feel that as a current students attending Irondale, I have grown so much as a person and as a global citizen! Irondale is a very diverse school that has a plethora of learning opportunities for all people. Irondale has great student services, a great staff, and great facilities that are currently being updated. Irondale is a school that encourages students to be connected within their community and participate in all aspects of life. It is also great in the fact that it is very adaptable to change and present times. I love going to school and not only learning textbook material, but also current present day topics that apply to my life as well! I love Irondale!!