Iron Mountain High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Iron Mountain, MI. It has 300 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 27 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Iron Mountain High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-40 Students
- A31 Students
- B27 Students
- A+25 Students
- B24 Students
- A23 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Iron Mountain High School
- C+Norway High School
- Norway-Vulcan Area Schools, MI
- 24 reviews
- B-North Dickinson School
- North Dickinson County Schools, MI
- 15 reviews
- B+Kingsford High School
- Breitung Township School District, MI
- 88 reviews
- CPembine High School
- Beecher-Dunbar-Pembine School District, WI
- 22 reviews
Iron Mountain High School Reviews
Iron Mountain High School is a great place to be a high school student. We have experienced teachers and small class sizes so you get individual attention. We have band, pep band, marching band, jazz band, chorus, art, all levels of math, science, history, English, dual enrollment with Bay College, and two hour block classes at the area vocational/tech center including auto body, welding, graphic communications, and health occupations. We have sports including football, volleyball, soccer, golf, basketball,track, wrestling, tennis, bowling, and softball. There are opportunities for competition in academics with a Quiz Bowl team and robotics. Our small student body size results in what we call the “Mountaineer family”. Past graduates include NFL network analyst Steve Mariucci, MSU basketball coach Tom Izzo, Wendy’s restaurant CEO Todd Penegore, and Chicago stock exchange CFO Tim Metzler, to name a few. Iron Mountain schools are truly the place to succeed!
I transferred to Iron Mountain High School my junior year. I was automatically accepted by my peers and the principal made the admission process a breeze. The teachers are so wonderful at what they do and really do their best at making everyone feel included. I have to say that Iron Mountain is the first school that I have felt excited to go into each morning and safe, which is my number one priority as a teenager.
I came to this school my junior year and could not have been happier. I have made many friends, and the staff is very friendly. I have found myself being more successful at this school compared to my previous.