Irmo High School Reviews

At my high school there are no walls around race. The comradery of the school is what I most cherish.Our school is very very diverse, our school has a lot of international students because we are an International Academic Magnet school. At Irmo there's no major high school clique, you have the star football players hanging out and talking to a "nobody". Our administration emphasize the importance of supporting everyone and that's what happens here. Also, the love that the teachers show for the kids is evident. If there was one thing I would like to change would be the reputation of Irmo. To be blunt, our school is 65% African American, and the surrounding schools in our district are majority white. So people around us think that we are bad because we are "black". The thought of people believing that and telling people that sickens me. So, if their was one thing I would fix is the reputation of MY school, because if you ask me its the best high school a person could go to.
Being in the IB program at Irmo was a great experience. Great teachers and good group of students in the program.
I like that there is good teachers willing to help you learn. I would like there to be more events. I also like how there are a lot of diversity in the school.
Start Your Review of Irmo High School
There are many opportunities to choose from at Irmo. However, not all classes you will be able to get into, they are very selective on who goes where and your career paths. Guidance counselors and administrative are very slack and do not make students especially the ones in special situations a priority.
My experience at Irmo High School was a positive one. I was involved in several activities while there including JV and Varsity Football, Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, and Project Lead the Way in Engineering. I was able to take classes at the Center for Advanced Technical Studies and was involved in the Engineering Track while there. Irmo High School was great fo me!
I loved being at Irmo even if there was some bumps on the road, I loved playing there and they help with me to get to college and I know that it will help my brother and sister also get to college.
Very diverse school,pretty good teachers, and challenging curriculum. Safety could be better since the campus is open and can be easily accessed.
My experience at Irmo High was great, I've met many lifelong friends and establishes connection with teachers and staff. Irmo a great place to receive a high quality education along with gaining skills and improving work ethic that will prepare you for college.
It's a GREAT high school all teachers want and expect the best out of you. I´ve been here for my 4 years of high school and it was absolutely the BEST! I highly recommend this school to anyone who lives in the Irmo area
What i liked about irmo high school is that the teachers and staff here truly care about you and do everything they can to help you move forward and prepare you for life after high school
I've really enjoyed being at this school, and I feel like I learn a lot here. Most of the teachers are enjoyable, and the students are okay. You need to make sure to find the students, and teachers you get along with, and stay with them. People in high school switch up really quick, and you need to find a stable group of friends, and adults at the school.
All in all Irmo is a great school. It helped prepare me well for college. The diverse student population prepared me for “real” life and working with a variety of cultures.
Irmo High School is very diverse, but if there would be one thing I would change it would be some of the staff.
Irmo High School is a great school if you make it a great school. The are plenty of ways to get involved and the teacher will generally go out of their way to help you if you are nice. Overall, all the materials needed to succeed and more are there, but its you to the student if they actually use them or not.
The school is an ok place. The courses or at least the higher level, (Honors, Ap etc) are good and the teachers mostly are average to excellent. There is a large amount of different people. The campus is a bit out of condition in the older buildings, but its mostly clean. The administration of the school leaves something to be desired and the food is not good.
Irmo High School expects a lot out of its' students. The administration team and principals all push students in the direction they need to be in whether it be a certain college or just keeping grades up. The opportunities presented to us with being an Arts Magnet school are almost limitless everything from our theatre program, to choir, visual arts, and even bagpipes!
This school is great! A lot of people give it a bad reputation because of the school rankings, but if you want an education you can get it at Irmo!
Start Your Review of Irmo High School
Irmo High School is one of the places in South Carolina that supports the arts and integrates them into core classes. The music program at this school is excellent in that it prepares you for college while also indulging in many different genres from jazz to classical.
It okay as a school. I like my time here but I did wish they didn't sometimes cancel classes that I wanted to take for my career goal.
Irmo has many classes that you can take, they have classes that challenge you and that will prepare you for college. The teachers could be more helpful but other than that it’s a good school, filled with many opportunities.