Ipswich High School Reviews

I moved into this school from another district for the strong fine arts department this school has. The school board and parent's support of the fine arts in this school community was extraordinarily beneficial to the programs and the students involved.
Good sports and music programs. School and education are nothing to write home about. The epitome of an average high school experience.
If you look in the right places, you can squeeze a fantastic education out of IHS. If you slack and don't try to challenge or push yourself, chances are you're not going to experience the high school to the extent that it could be. Ipswich provides so many opportunities for students to succeed and do what they love.
Start Your Review of Ipswich High School
I have enjoyed my 4 years at Ipswich High School. The teachers and guidance counselors have been great. Academically, I feel prepared for college. Participating in sports (soccer and track) has helped me gain confidence both independently, and working as a team.
The rich culture of the school encourages students to brake the norms of high school.I am a current Senior at IHS and I can honestly say that this school has pushed me to be the best student I possibly could have been. Almost every student at IHS is involved in sports, music, the arts and other clubs and organizations in and outside of the school; on top of academics. The culture of IHS is something unforgettable, everyone at Ipswich wants to see the best for there students and fellow peers weather that is student to student or even between faculty members. There is still lots to be done at the school to make it even better yet its still moving steadily in the right direction. All the staff members at IHS love and respect their students and its this respect and admiration that is reciprocated back towards the staff from the students. In all IHS is an amazing high school that is really making an impact on all of their students life's.
I think my school have good overall involvement with clubs and sports. The academics are very good and teachers are always helpful as well.
The small town of ipswich has its pros and cons, one is you know everybody in the school. Which can be a good and a bad thing. One thing we could work on is our diversity, or lack there of.
I really like this high school experience here. It’s a very nice school with a lot of opportunities and options for students.
Ipswich High School offered good educational opportunities, and the semester schedule resulted in increased college readiness. It was not a very diverse school.
Overall, Ipswich high school was a great environment for stable learning. Ipswich offers a wide variety of academics and arts programs, that will suit everyone in some way shape or form. One area I got a lot out of in my four years here, was the music and arts program. Ipswich has an absolutely incredible music program that will set you on the right path to success. Because music is my chosen career, I took advantage of their unique courses such as music theory, symphony orchestra, chamber orchestra, bel canto, etc. these course have absolutely succeeded to make me a greater student, and individual overall. The creativity is always flowing at Ipswich high.
Compared to other schools we don't have many safety measures besides door buzzers and fire/lock down drills
They have been cutting more and more programs like drama and student participation in arts is declining, but the faculty commitment to programs is great.
There are a lot of opportunities to explore different interests but many programs are being cut.
Teachers are invested in their students but sometimes let through that they are fed up.
The bullying and harassment policy is very strict, and absolutely no bullying is tolerated. There are lockdown drills and perimeter lockdown drills, as well as fire drills regularly. During school hours, you have to be buzzed in by the front office and guests have to sign in. The school nurse is readily available. It feels like a generally safe school.
There are many extracurricular opportunities at this school, ranging from sports to arts programs to the Gay/Straight Alliance club. Anyone who is a part of a club or organization is usually very devoted to the cause or activity, and make an effort to attend as often as possible. Students know the importance of having a well-rounded life at school.
I absolutely loved being able to participate in the performing arts program, as I was in two choruses as well as orchestra. The music department's England trip was a fantastic once in a lifetime experience. The school has a safe environment, and I felt truly at home among teachers and students who cared about the world and others.
Start Your Review of Ipswich High School
Many of the teachers genuinely care about their students and helping them succeed. They encourage different ways of thinking and questioning. Help is available if you need it, and the guidance counselors are always helpful. Teachers in the arts department are especially involved and dedicated to their work, making the arts program one of the best.
I connected well with my teachers and because of them I didn't feel as overwhelmed as I would without them. Some of the students are snobby but there's not much to do about that.
They're all friendly but some of them can be inconsistent with grading