Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Ipswich High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ipswich, MA. It has 541 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ipswich High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A98 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+56 Students
- B+56 Students
- A+50 Students
- B46 Students
- A-45 Students
- B+35 Students
- B35 Students
- C+34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Ipswich High School
- A-Reading Memorial High School
- Reading Public Schools, MA
- 133 reviews
- A-North Reading High School
- North Reading Public Schools, MA
- 134 reviews
- B+Pentucket Regional Senior High School
- Pentucket Public Schools, MA
- 151 reviews
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 148 reviews
Ipswich High School Reviews
I love the positive and supporting environment of Ipswich High School. All my friends and teachers are enthusiastic about education. The administrators also promote a fun and involved learning environment. I was able to balance my extensive involvement in sports and clubs with my rigorous courses. The only thing I think IHS could improve upon is teaching their students about the importance of finding your passion. I felt like a lot of people over involved themselves with activities they didn't actually enjoy just to put them on a college resume. I would have liked to be encouraged to pursue a few specific areas of interest, rather than being pressured to join every club and take every AP class. But overall, I loved high school, and I couldn't be happier with my experience at Ipswich High.
Ipswich High School became a very inclusive and exciting place compared to middle school. Middle School was a time of cliques and judgment, where everyone was nervous to be themselves. As we all grew together, Ipswich High School changed that. I became friends with so many new people and had all types of different friends. I was stress-free each and everyday because of all the opportunities offered and help given by teachers. It is a very friendly environment, and the one thing I would construct would be that the students could use more attention with their ongoing opinions about certain rules in the school.
The teachers at Ipswich High School are very helpful, understanding. The culture at the school is very uplifting; both students and faculty are always positive.