Ipswich High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ipswich, MA. It has 570 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ipswich High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A59 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+26 Students
- A-24 Students
- A-24 Students
- B23 Students
- C+21 Students
- A+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Ipswich High School
- AReading Memorial High School
- Reading Public Schools, MA
- 101 reviews
- A-North Reading High School
- North Reading Public Schools, MA
- 111 reviews
- B+Pentucket Regional Senior High School
- Pentucket Public Schools, MA
- 120 reviews
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 129 reviews
Ipswich High School Reviews
The rich culture of the school encourages students to brake the norms of high school.I am a current Senior at IHS and I can honestly say that this school has pushed me to be the best student I possibly could have been. Almost every student at IHS is involved in sports, music, the arts and other clubs and organizations in and outside of the school; on top of academics. The culture of IHS is something unforgettable, everyone at Ipswich wants to see the best for there students and fellow peers weather that is student to student or even between faculty members. There is still lots to be done at the school to make it even better yet its still moving steadily in the right direction. All the staff members at IHS love and respect their students and its this respect and admiration that is reciprocated back towards the staff from the students. In all IHS is an amazing high school that is really making an impact on all of their students life's.
Overall, Ipswich high school was a great environment for stable learning. Ipswich offers a wide variety of academics and arts programs, that will suit everyone in some way shape or form. One area I got a lot out of in my four years here, was the music and arts program. Ipswich has an absolutely incredible music program that will set you on the right path to success. Because music is my chosen career, I took advantage of their unique courses such as music theory, symphony orchestra, chamber orchestra, bel canto, etc. these course have absolutely succeeded to make me a greater student, and individual overall. The creativity is always flowing at Ipswich high.
I have enjoyed my 4 years at Ipswich High School. The teachers and guidance counselors have been great. Academically, I feel prepared for college. Participating in sports (soccer and track) has helped me gain confidence both independently, and working as a team.