Iowa Park High School is an above average, public school located in Iowa Park, TX. It has 505 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
1 Bob Dawson Dr
Iowa Park, TX 76367
Iowa Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B88 Students
- B-53 Students
- A-36 Students
- B+32 Students
- B25 Students
- A+25 Students
- B+21 Students
- A+19 Students
- A19 Students
- A16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Iowa Park High School
- B+Burkburnett High School
- Burkburnett Independent School District, TX
- 96 reviews
- B+Rider High School
- Wichita Falls Independent School District, TX
- 277 reviews
- A-Holliday High School
- Holliday Independent School District, TX
- 41 reviews
- BCity View Junior/Senior High School
- City View Independent School District, TX
- 23 reviews
Iowa Park High School Reviews
I like that many of the teachers are very kind and inspiring! The problem is that we don't have that many teachers, or some of our teachers are not as advanced as other schools. I wish that our school had AP courses available. The fact that there are only 100-200 students in each grade means that it is easier to bond with the teachers and you get more individual work.
I was born and raised here in Iowa Park, Tx. I have walked the highschool's halls every year for four years and I can honestly say my experience here has ben nothing less than amazing. The teachers have always been caring and willing to help their students succeed. The school's standards for academic success is held high above the other schools around us. We, as the students, have been taught that our values matter and we are the newest generation of the world. Although our school lacks culture and diversity that is only because we came from a small town. If the town were to expand I believe the school would become much more diverse. The school has flaws like most do, but our flaws are not because the students are bad or the teachers lack the skill to teach. Our flaws are simply economy based, we simply don't have the funding we need to offer more activities to our students.
Iowa Park High School is the place to be. Everyone is friends, new kids fit in as soon as they arrive. People never get left out at the school. Sports are a huge thing at Iowa Park. No one ever gets bullied or picked on, and the bond between students and teachers is incredible.