Iowa Falls-Alden High School is an above average, public school located in Iowa Falls, IA. It has 417 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Iowa Falls-Alden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A54 Students
- B+47 Students
- C+39 Students
- A34 Students
- A16 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- C+12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Iowa Falls-Alden High School
- B-Hampton-Dumont High School
- Hampton-Dumont Community School District, IA
- 72 reviews
- B+AGWSR High School
- Ackley Geneva Wellsburgh Steamboat Rock (AGWSR) Community School District, IA
- 13 reviews
- C+Eldora-New Providence High School
- Eldora-New Providence Community School District, IA
- 15 reviews
- C+CAL High School
- CAL Community School District, IA
- 1 review
Iowa Falls-Alden High School Reviews
I love how small the graduating class numbers are. With only 100 kids in my class I am able to have more of a one on one learning with my teachers, if I need help I am always able to receive it. What I hate about the school also goes along with the graduating class numbers. Having 100 kids in your grade means you know everyone, this can become a problem. These same kids I have been with since starting school. Knowing everyone and being together for many years can create a bullying problem, which frequently happens. Our school is also not very good with dealing with bullying.
I have been attending Iowa Falls-Alden High School for four years. While I have made many great memories while I was there, the school's atmosphere and staff make high school less than enjoyable. The school's facilities are pretty nice, and you can tell the school puts a lot of work into them. However, many people can agree that maybe we should put more money into making our teams better instead of investing millions into new fields. Many other students, including myself, have noticed that if you are not a teacher's favorite, you get stuck in the back seat. Students have always mentioned this as a problem, and are only shut down by the staff. Overall, my experience at Iowa Falls-Alden High School has been less than great, but, while some of that may be my fault, the staff and school administration could do a much better job to create a safe and healthy work environment.
Attending Iowa Falls-Alden High has been a wonderful experience. The school has emphasis on not just having the teachers simply teach so students can get good grades on their assignments or assessments, but take an approach of actually having the student learn the topics of the class to the point where they have a greater understanding of it and can apply it to the real world if necessary. The environment is also a very friendly and safe for others to be in and will always see the school come together to support one another, whether it be for those who are in sports, to those in financial need, or for those who have suffered and need emotional support.