Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Iowa City High School is a highly rated, public school located in Iowa City, IA. It has 1,581 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Iowa City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A443 Students
- A186 Students
- B-126 Students
- B+107 Students
- A-52 Students
- A+51 Students
- A-50 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Iowa City High School
- A+West Senior High School
- Iowa City Community School District, IA
- 313 reviews
- BWest Liberty High School
- West Liberty Community School District, IA
- 42 reviews
- BClear Creek Amana High School
- Clear Creek Amana Community School District, IA
- 135 reviews
- B+Solon High School
- Solon Community School District, IA
- 76 reviews
Iowa City High School Reviews
Iowa City High is a very interesting environment to be set in, the school itself is beautiful, the architecture is amazing and the facilities are great. Teachers work hard to create a safe environment where all students from a variety of backgrounds can educate themselves. There is a huge selection of clubs and activities to choose from that provide for a really welcoming and enriching ambience. Iowa City High School has a long history, and with that history in mind the institution works hard in order to keep itself accountable to be one of the best schools in the area. Whats stopping it from being excellent is the fact that there are a few rough spots as to be expected from any public school, money is needed and sometimes is not allocated to the most beneficial areas. All in all, a great school and one to definitely look into for anyone in the Iowa City School District area.
Some of the teachers are incredible; however, some are NOT. It really depends on the luck of the draw and the classes you choose to take part in. Most teachers, no matter their teaching ability, care strongly for the well being of their students. The environment is very caring and it is not challenging to find somebody like you. I have been here for four years and I think it was pretty good for high school at least!
Best and most supportive teachers! Teachers challenge you academically and are super understandable. Prepares you for college.