Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesD
Ionia High School is a public school located in Ionia, MI. It has 878 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
Ionia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A122 Students
- B+116 Students
- B-96 Students
- B93 Students
- A+62 Students
- B+56 Students
- C+46 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-38 Students
- C+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Ionia High School Reviews
Overall, there isn't anything about Ionia that is particularly good or bad - it really us just a kind of mediocre school. There are a handful of teachers who teach well and are generally nice people, but a majority of the teachers and staff are simply average and okay at their jobs. Our school spirit isn't particularly above average, either, and neither is our sports teams (who often lose at games and competitions, although the football turnout is nice), really the only area I think Ionia may excel at is in Arts, as our marching band, concert band, and symphonic band all do very well at Districts and Band festivals
At Ionia High School, I've been given the opportunity to be myself, be bold, and to be real. Not only has this school been a welcoming environment, but it has also been an environment that has pushed me to do my very best. I have learned study habits, how to be a kinder person, and what my purpose in life is. For these reasons, I wouldn't change a thing about IHS.
Ionia High Schools has some very good teachers who are exceptionally kind, caring, and try to do what's in the best interest of the students. There is a wide variety of elective classes to choose from, including everything from video technology to ceramics/ sculpture building. Ionia High School is not very racially diverse, but is very diverse in other aspects including religion.