Ionia High School is a public school located in Ionia, MI. It has 877 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Ionia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A89 Students
- B+82 Students
- B74 Students
- B65 Students
- C+38 Students
- A+38 Students
- B+34 Students
- C+32 Students
- C+24 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Ionia High School Reviews
Overall, I had a above average experience at Ionia High Scholl throughout the last four years. Most teachers are very helpful and are willing to use their personal time outside of class to help. There is a fair number of AP and Honors courses available, but I wish there would be a few more AP courses such as Chemistry and Physics. There is a lot of opportunities to get involved through sports and other extracurricular activities. Administration instills a good no-nonsense type of attitude that benefits the school. The one thing I believe Ionia High School is lacking, however, is school spirit. I feel like a lot of students are proud to attend this school and attendance at sporting events is often quite low, even in rivalry games.
This school may not be perfect, have a ton of funding, or be conflict free but what it does have is something that I could not have found anywhere else. I have bonded with several teachers that are concerned with their students instead of their paycheck. There are many groups to be involved in such as band, forensics, or debate, and of course athletics! Most importantly Ionia High School is where I found myself and where I discovered who I want to be and what I want to do in this world; and that is what really makes it the best.
Academics are average, with the main intent of getting higher test scores. Diversity is horribly whitewashed, college advising is strongly encouraged and pushed onto students. Administration is new this year (2016-17) and going through some growing pains. Teaching staff is great, engaged with the kids they're teaching. Facilities are exceptional- minus not having a theater for arts performances/assemblies.