Iolani School is a coeducational, college-preparatory school for grades K - 12 founded upon Christian principles, with boarding for grades 9 - 12. Its mission is to develop liberally educated, well-rounded individuals who are well prepared for higher education and for responsible moral citizenship.
Founded in 1863, 'Iolani School has grown to include approximately 2,000 students, with roughly 1,365 in grades 7 - 12. A boarding program and residential hall with a capacity for 112 students is now open. The school also opened a new K - 1 Community featuring large, open classrooms and a natural playground that encourages imagination and creativity. There are 209 faculty and administrators with 76% of Upper School faculty holding advanced degrees.
A world-recognized college preparatory school, 'Iolani School was recently profiled on Newsweek.com as a Private School of Distinction.
'Iolani School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B186 Students
- A+151 Students
- A+117 Students
- A+109 Students
- A-92 Students
- A+91 Students
- A+88 Students
- A-86 Students
- A81 Students
- A+77 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses