COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
After four days of a phased reopening beginning Sept. 21, 2020, where students, faculty and staff had the opportunity to acclimate to new safety precautions and protocols including: daily check-ins on a health app, new traffic patterns, wearing masks and shields as PPE and distanced desks, ‘Iolani School is officially back for on-campus blended operations for the 2020-2021 academic year. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
‘Iolani School is a culturally diverse, co-educational, world renowned college-preparatory school founded upon Christian values. Academic excellence and personal growth flourish in an atmosphere that is challenging and competitive, yet caring and nurturing. Through dynamic and personalized instruction, ‘Iolani develops liberally educated, well-rounded individuals who are prepared for college and ready to use their education to pursue their dreams and make a positive impact on the world.
Founded in 1863, ‘Iolani has about 2,100 students in grades K-12. New campus additions include a beautiful new residence hall housing 112 students from around the world. A new kindergarten / first grade community focused on biophilic design, a new Science and Innovation Center (STEAM) for K-6 and stunning new performance studios for dance, music and theater. ‘Iolani also recently added a new ESports center featuring state-of-the-art gaming equipment.
'Iolani School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B230 Students
- A+201 Students
- A152 Students
- A+124 Students
- A+124 Students
- B+120 Students
- A+120 Students
- A105 Students
- A103 Students
- A-99 Students
Bringing Genome Science to High School Classrooms
'Iolani School was selected as 1 of only 5 schools in the country to receive the prestigious Edward E. Ford Educational Leadership Grant. 'Iolani is using these funds to develop the first program to bring genome science to Hawaii high school classrooms. 'Iolani develops and shares citizen science experiments around genomics and is facilitating a larger discussion on the issues of bioethics.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses