Iola Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Iola, KS. It has 362 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Iola Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A45 Students
- A42 Students
- B+41 Students
- B-29 Students
- B-27 Students
- B+23 Students
- B23 Students
- B12 Students
- B11 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Iola Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Iola Senior High School
- C+Crest High School
- Crest Unified School District, KS
- 10 reviews
- B-Southern Coffey County High School
- Leroy-Gridley Unified School District, KS
- 13 reviews
- BMarmaton Valley High School
- Marmaton Valley Unified School District, KS
- 3 reviews
- C+Humboldt High School
- Humboldt Unified School District, KS
- 15 reviews
Iola Senior High School Reviews
I like that we have an internship class where we are able to experience a career of our interest and see hands on what that career will be like. The administration has changed a little bit but they are making it a better school with drug testing and academic privileges, such as if you have good grades then you get incentives. I would like the school policy on vaping/tobacco to change because it is not enforced as much and I would like the food to change, there is more food wasted than ate.
Iola High School is a pretty average school. The staff there care about you and your grades. The teachers try to make sure that you know how to do their work and help you if you ask. There are many different clubs and sports that you can join. There are a few areas that they can improve on, but overall Iola High School is a great school to go to.
I liked how close everyone was, everybody knew everybody and it was really comfortable. The teachers need to be harder on students, students walk all over teachers and we barley learn anything.