Iola Senior High School
- IOLA, KS
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Iola Senior High School is an above average, public school located in IOLA, KS. It has 374 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Iola Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus62 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade A minus56 Students
- grade C+40 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade C+16 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Iola Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Homecoming, football awards, moms football camp, p31%
- Parents night23%
- Softball games15%
- Tennis Matches8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,753 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Iola Senior High School
- grade C+Crest High School
- Crest Unified School District, KS
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 10 reviews
- grade B minusSouthern Coffey County High School
- Leroy-Gridley Unified School District, KS
- Rating 4.16 out of 5 19 reviews
- grade B minusMarmaton Valley High School
- Marmaton Valley Unified School District, KS
- Rating 4 out of 5 5 reviews
- grade CHumboldt High School
- Humboldt Unified School District, KS
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 17 reviews
Iola Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.24 out of 5 50 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Iola High School is a great smaller High School. The teachers are very engaging and there is a great environment for learning. I especially like that there are many clubs, sports, and activities to participate in. The facilities are old but plans for new buildings are in the works.
I like that we have an internship class where we are able to experience a career of our interest and see hands on what that career will be like. The administration has changed a little bit but they are making it a better school with drug testing and academic privileges, such as if you have good grades then you get incentives. I would like the school policy on vaping/tobacco to change because it is not enforced as much and I would like the food to change, there is more food wasted than ate.
It is a small campus highschool, in a small town. Perfect for people that like knowing everyone, and everything that is going on. Our lunches aren't the best I will admit, also the cafateria is too small. They have crammed in as many tables as possible trying to get everyone a seat, but now no handicapped people can get through. On the up side, we are full of school spirirt and love to cheer for our fellow classmates in sports.