Inwood Academy for Leadership Charter School Reviews

What I like about inwood academy is all of the help and support you get from these wonderful teachers. There are so many opportunities to get extra help so you can keep yourself on track. There are also opportunities for community service and jobs which is really great because you can have a work experience at your own school.
It’s fun and very interesting at times, my favorite part of the school is the sports teams because they are just full with interesting people to talk to and the coaches are also interesting characters.
I am apart of the first graduating class of Inwood Academy for Leadership Charter School. During my time here I have witness the struggle of starting up a high school and maintaining it in a good standing position. Academically it was a struggle due to the fact that we were consistently growing and the number of staff members wouldn’t a fair ratio. Even though this school has been through its ups and downs, we are all a big family and that what's keeps this school going. I've always wanted to go to another school but I wouldn't have been able to experience something like this in another school.
Start Your Review of Inwood Academy for Leadership Charter School
In Inwood Academy for leadership charter school, every student knows each other and every teacher is always happy to help their students in any way possible. Inwood Academy works to help their students, but it also works to help inform parents of their children education and tell parents how they help their children education.
It's a very good school in the heart of Inwood. The school provides caring teachers and administration that want you to do your best and want to see you graduate, that have built teacher-student relationships with all of the students individually. The school provides a wide range of academics that help students prepare for college. Great school overall and I highly recommend it.
Inwood Academy is a school that empowers students to become future leaders. It teaches students how to become agents for change in their communities through character development and college preparedness. Teachers and staff guide students with different resources to academically succeed and to grow as strong individuals.
I am apart of the first graduates for Inwood Academy for Leadershop Charter School. During my time here I have witness the struggle of starting up a high school and maintaining it in a good standing position. Academically it was a struggle due to the fact that we were consistently growing and the number of staff members wouldn’t a fair ratio. One, thing I would want to see in my school would be to see that it becomes more organized.
I have been at Inwood Academy since the 5th grade. I am apart of the founding class. My experiences have been great so far and they offer classes that are useful to help me in the future.
This school gets to know each of the students and offers lots of one on one time for students who need it. There are many opportunities to connect with teachers and ask questions outside of class. The Inwood staff try to make students high school experience as easy as possible and try to prepare each student for college as early as they can.
Inwood academy is one of the best developing schools in NYC, their optimism derives all students to push harder in their academics and fulfill all their capabilities. I'm proud to be a trailblazer ! (Jamall)
This a has been a great school to me. Great teachers. They prepare you for the next chapter in your life, college. A great sports program. This school keeps getting better and better. Keep up the good work.
When I first entered the school I thought it would be so much fun. I have been here since 5th grade and I even wanted to give the high school a shot. This school is horrible nothing but a let down. Some teachers are cool but most only care about your business and they bash the neighborhood the students grew up in. The new grading system is horrible and the school is very unorganized. The Principal has had the school open for I don't know how long and still hasn't been able to find a building where a high school can be at. It's unfair , unorganized and boring . No opportunities nothing at all If I could transfer I would but I'm stuck here - A 10th grade student at Inwood
At Inwood Academy for Leadership I liked that the classes were small and teachers really knew their students and cared for them. Going to Inwood Academy helped me with academics because it really gave me the one on one with the teachers that I needed to succeed and really strive.
As a start-up school, there are problems with enforcing rules but we get to mold the school in whatever way we think would be best. The school certainly has been improving throughout the years. The teachers care about the students here and we have slowly been weeding out the ones who don't fit into the school's culture and the environment. There's still a lot to improve on but we care enough to make it happen.