Intrinsic Schools is a public, charter school located in Chicago, IL. It has 986 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Intrinsic Schools Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+155 Students
- A-97 Students
- B-91 Students
- A-89 Students
- B-82 Students
- C+76 Students
- A+64 Students
- B+63 Students
- A-55 Students
- B55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Intrinsic Schools Reviews
Intrinsic is a great school, honestly. It is small and you get to know everyone. The staff is amazing and you get to develop really great bonds with one another. Additionally, the academics are getting a lot better, and the AP program is expanding!
Compared to other high schools in chicago, Intrinsic prepare us for college at a young age. It's shown that teachers and staff members do actually care about the students educations and helping them out. Teachers are able to teach and get their lesson across because of how small classes are. In a CPS school there would usually be 30-40 kids in a class and one teacher, whereas at intrinsic you can have the highest 25 kids per class. Students are able to have that one in one help from a teacher. Staff members are overall nice and treat you with respect. Our school seems to be very diverse. We are always doing field trips in where we get to learn about a community and culture. We also receive help when it comes to getting service hours, which a lot of schools don't. Everyone seems to get along and work together. Overall this is a school I would consider people to attend.
Being at Intrinsic Schools was a very good experience. The school is very hands on and extremely helpful, all the teachers make it their #1 priority to make the student feel involved and there will never be a student that feels as though they do not belong. Intrinsic does have many strict rules but they are helping us better ourselves for the future and future jobs we may have. This school is all about bettering us for our postsecondary plans and they always have outlets for all students because not all student are the same and will take different paths. Intrinsic is helping me in ways that I know other high schools may lack in.