International School of Louisiana Reviews

I am a parent here. Overall, I would love the school if they had tutoring services for kids who are struggling. Because this is an "A" rating school your child has to keep up or else it would lead to all kinds of social services, or referrals which usually leads to getting your child out of the school. Why go through all of that trouble just to keep the school's ratings up when you can just easily help the kids by providing tutoring services only for the few kids who are struggling. It's simple. I'm no rocket scientist. They will get rid of your kid faster than the teacher.
Most of the teachers are native speakers of the language they teach. There are many teachers with many different backgrounds and from many different countries. This helps to give the children a worldly view.
The kids have a uniform. The pieces are fairly easy to find and purchase. Every now and then they have special dress down days. Any correspondence we've ever had with the administration has been positive and any concerns addressed.
Start Your Review of International School of Louisiana
The school doesn't have organized sports. They offer boy and girl scout troops that meet after school, as well as onsite karate lessons. The PE department puts together Boys on the Right Track and Girls on the Run. Each ends with a 5K. I'm sure there are other things going on after school, but my kids are not involved in anything else.
We have found that children at ISL are warm and welcoming. The parents at this school definitely want them there and that seems to make a big difference all the way around.
The faculty and staff at the school are always there to help the children.
ISL is a school with an international perspective. Every year each class learns about the customs, food and culture of a different country.
Overall we love this school. My kids have made great friends and enjoy their time at school. You know they like school when it's hard to get them away from aftercare everyday.
I rated this a five because the PE teachers are great and so is Circus Arts. My kindergartner is learning to juggle.
We love ISL. Both of my boys attend the school and we are very satisfied with their progress! While the school may not have organized team sports, they do offer an after-school program through Community Works that allows the kids to work on music, theatre and other projects after school
There aren't really any sports in place at the school.
This school doesn't really have a good health system and went a whole year without a nurse.