International Polytechnic High School is a highly rated, public school located in Pomona, CA. It has 558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 27 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
3801 W. Temple Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
International Polytechnic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+156 Students
- B126 Students
- A110 Students
- A108 Students
- A106 Students
- A+103 Students
- A+96 Students
- A85 Students
- A+67 Students
- B+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like International Polytechnic High School
- ALos Osos High School
- Chaffey Joint Union High School District, CA
- 701 reviews
- ABrea-Olinda High School
- Brea-Olinda Unified School District, CA
- 354 reviews
- ABonita High School
- Bonita Unified School District, CA
- 352 reviews
- A-Rosemead High School
- El Monte Union High School District, CA
- 438 reviews
International Polytechnic High School Reviews
Really great atmosphere! As a soon to be junior I can honestly and truthfully say that the teachers really do care about their students. Classes are engaging and all around enjoyable. Though the later is true, this school is most definitely not for everyone. It is entirely project based, meaning that you will almost always be tasked with working alongside others. Groups are rarely chosen by the students, and are almost always designed to push students both academically and socially. In addition, iPoly provides many programs designed for students who wish to begin taking official college courses prior to graduation. Truthfully the only downside is the lack of sports. Though iPoly does not have any sports teams, it does have plenty of engaging clubs and electives, such as drama and dance. All in all, iPoly is pretty great!
Being part of the International Polytechnic High School community has allowed me to provide self growth from things I would have never imagined doing such as acting, presenting in a room of 144 students, and attending college classes. Through the different teaching styles of critical thinking tasks I have found myself motivated to not let fear take over but to persevere on as I am tasked with more challenging curricular. Personally, what I like about International Polytechnic High School is the community and how everyone works as one through assigned group projects to either make a student produced film or play. What I would like to see change is the fact that there needs to be more communication between admin and the students because often times there are things that are misinterpreted because of the lack of communication. Overall, I'd say that it's a decent school but it has it's pros and its cons unfortunately, the cons outweigh the pros.
My experience at International Polytechnic High School was amazing, fun, and fullfilling. Lots of great memories were built in that school and everyone was always involved. It truelt felt like a unique school with the amount of positive energy in the building. An improvement would be administration's involvement with helping students for college and leading students to the right direction without dropping their confidence. Its good to understand that you should go above and beyond but students who struggle a little more than others shouldn't live wuth the fear that they won't succeed.