International Leadership Charter School Reviews

I found this school online and saw this was the top 8th best school in new york. I immediately wanted to go since it was the best school. I enjoyed how the classrooms are small because the teacher focuses on me more. Another great thing is the safety of the school. The whole school is surrounded by a gate and usually, there is a security guard at the front. The academics are great because they focus more on college readiness. There are some cons to this school such as bad lunch and we are treated as a middle schooler but overall it will prepare you for the furture.
What I love about International Leadership Charter High School is how it prepares students for college. I am someone who has switched schools a couple of times and ended up coming back twice due to the fact that being in other schools made me realized how well ILCHS prepared us students for college. Even though it is lacking in other areas, the college readiness aspect of it out beats the importance of any other aspect in my opinion.
In terms of education and safety, ILCHS, is really good because is actually prepares us students for college and all the work we are going to be facing. As for safety, I don't ever feel threatened when coming to this school everyday.
Start Your Review of International Leadership Charter School
This school is very chaotic and unorganized and sound have better rules to control the chaotic students in this school. As well need more activates like art, book clubs and other clubs that students will be interested in.
What I like most about ILCHS is that the school is pretty small so everyone knows everyone. ILCHS also has very good security which can make one feel safe during school. Teachers and staff try their best to offer students in ILCHS a good education. However, I feel like ILCHS needs to fix a lot of things that are not good about the school. They should make sure that this school is actually a zero tolerance bullying school because there has been incidents where kids in younger grades are getting bullied and not a lot of necessary steps are being taken to deal with this issue. Overall, my school experience was alright it wasn't the best but it wasnt' the worse either.
The school was very helpful in terms of the college application process, as well as giving the students a rigorous curriculum. However, the school could work on bettering extracurricular activities and clubs.
In this school, I was fortunate enough to receive rigorous academic structure and the opportunity to prepare for the real world outside the classroom. With requirement to complete 200 hours of volunteer work I encountered a new opportunity to keep my mind open about others circumstances, instead of only mine. Furthermore, the school provided a balance of academics and real life experience. Although the school did not have enough extracurricular activities, I feel prepared to continue my path into higher education.
In my past 4 years in this school I have learned a lot. This school has provided us with classes that will prepare me for college. Although, the school doesn't have a gym and up until Senior year the school days were extra long with only a 30 minute lunch break which isn't enough. I hope that in the near future, this school will provide extra-curricular activities to further engage students.
International Leadership Charter School is a very unorganized school. I wish I would of gone to a school that I would of been more active in.
ILCHS is strong in preparing students for college and applies strict rules to structure students for higher education and the work field. The regents is viewed extremely important, and students are given 2 or more weeks of learning days focused on the topics of the regents that will be taken. What I would to see a change of is the organization and resources of the school. There needs to be an establishment of clubs and a wider range of physical activities. There are not many clubs students can join, there is only a band club and it is only available for 2 grades There are many factors the school needs to improve in that involves students in creating a complete community. Although, the community within the school is very diverse and celebrates diversity when they get the chance. The school also holds holiday lunches in which classes bring in food and desserts to celebrate and eat with their grade. The school is strict but helps students prepare and focus on academic studies.
amazing school with dedicated staff. staff and teachers really care and want to help students succeed
My overall experience was very rocky. During my time there I was miserable and felt like I was in prison. They have long hours and no teachers which makes absolutely no sense.
When it's come to growth a big part of it has been the education I've received at this school. Many of it has been due to experiences and memories I probably won't forget for a while. As a student and future graduate of this high school I would recommend this school to someone because of the education and college prep. I'm sure that for college Ill certainly be prepared and will try and overcome any obstacles which come my way.
For the most part my experience has been completely positive. The teachers are there to really help students, mold young mind and create the leaders of the future. Students learn in a clean, controlled, and safe environment ideal for teaching the future. The food is delicious did is always served with a smile. All in all, this school is truly one-of-a-kind and should definitely receive the credit it deserve.
This school was a major disappointment. I can’t say that I had any experiences that were memorable or unique. The only thing I know is that I had a lot of different teachers and there were a lot of rules for no reason and the principal always was in arguments with the students for small things the school was strict with everything and the students were really upset about not having a gym or a program for PE. We didn’t have any technology at all
This school is so depresssing. There’s no fun for the students just long days in boring classes with a new teacher every day. Students needs time to let their brain rest but at this school you get In trouble for even talking or laughing wit ur friends they try to make some celebrations but even in the celebration the principal yells for clapping or cheering. Seriously? I hate everything about this school. Don’t sent your kids here the academics isn’t even that great and we never finish one topic because the teachers leave. O yea the food is really gross
At first i believed going to this school was the worst thing that ever happened to me. With time i came to realize this wasn’t the case. I had opportunities here that i dont think I could’ve had at another school .
Start Your Review of International Leadership Charter School
I did not like this school at all. The teachers and staff only care about a pay check. They do not prepare you for college at all. The staff really does not care about the students. The school gets teachers that can’t even teach. The students don’t learn anything. The school has long hours for no reasons. They don’t even have that many teachers. They don’t have any clubs. The students cannot express themselves in any way without getting kicked out of the school. Students and teachers cannot speak out unless they want to get kicked out of the school. The school needs to change everything but that can only happen if you change who is in charge.
It is overall a great school. It can be a rigorous education, but it is good and prepares you on what it is to come. Although there are no sports, there is Tae Kwon Do, a fitness program for the freshman, internship, and so on. The facilities are extremely clean and the school is a very safe environment to be in.
My experience at International Leadership Charter High School is okay. The academic instruction is very rigorous. The teachers want to see the students succeed. They will help in any way if a student has a problem. The security is top notch. If they think there is a problem, they will stop class and address the problem. They try their best to help you with college applications. They show us videos on how to fill out applications and help us one-on-one. The things that they need to work on is keeping their teachers, when teachers leave mid school year, it affects the students' learning and progress. The school also needs a gym for physical education. They provide TaeKwonDo, but only for 11th and 12th grade. Overall, it is a good school.