International Academy of Macomb Reviews

AT the International Academy of Macomb, we have a very tightly bound student body of 500-600 students with each class making up 115-145 of them. Due to our small size, us Lady Leopards only have one sports team: powderpuff football. We have nearly a normal highschool experience at our annual powderpuff game every year, and most come out to support our team!
My experience at the International Academy of Macomb was like no other. Over my entire 4 years I was embraced by all the students and teachers and had found a place to make myself feel as if I was home. The academics of the school are very rigorous though but they were all well worth my time.
the academic prowess of the international academy of Macomb is beyond belief. This is not a school for those who do not give their all in their everyday lives. Whilst it pushes the student mentally and strains them students are able to develop a family like atmosphere between both classmates and students.
Start Your Review of International Academy of Macomb
This school is challenging and prepares students for the rigorous college programs to come in their future's.
I love the IAM! The people are so friendly and we're all smart. We all value education and that's extremely important.
The IAM is where I finally found a community I felt like I could belong to. It is a place for like minded individuals to go to find serious students and staff with a love and appreciation for the world and discovering all it has to offer through IB. I was able to meet people from all different kinds of backgrounds, had opportunities that I wouldn't have gotten elsewhere- both academically and extra-curricular, and learned the value of a well rounded, open minded education.
Wonderful school with a caring staff and an environment to help you succeed and prosper! The students participate is so many clubs and other activities outside of school, but still manage to balance their time wisely with the rigor of the courses they chose through the IB program.
The International Academy of Macomb, or IAM High, as I like to call it, is a small high school sharing a campus with Chippewa Valley High School, but very much its own community. With about 100 students per class, every kid knew every other kid in their grade, and plenty of kids besides, by the end of four years. The school doesn't have its own sports, except Powderpuff once a year and a few clubs. We played sports, if we chose to, for our home school. It was only a little trouble for me. My coaches understood I couldn't make it on time to practice and worked with me after practice. Maybe they'd do the same for you. A big problem was the stress load. A few teachers have been there since the school's opening in 2008, but I feel the reason so many leave after 2 or 3 years is because of how much work they have to do. 20 or so students dropped out before junior year, and I definitely noticed a feeling of stress that rarely went away.
Incredible school. It's ranked so highly in the state and nation for a reason - it's something speical. All alumni I know have said that college was a complete breeze thanks to this school and its top-shelf staff. The only issue I would ever cite is the complete lack of sports teams. Still, the school actively aims to fill this hole in the high school experience by hosting numerous athletic events such as the "Winter Olympics" and the powderpuff games, as well as allowing students to play at their home district.
Pros: The curriculum at is rigorous- you're writing college level papers which really prepares you for research projects. Because the school is smaller in size, you really get to know your peers and your teachers. You get a laptop to use for your school work. There's yearly traditions like Winter Olympics, Powederpuff Football, and the Softball Tournament.

Cons: Although you'll be better prepared for college than if you took AP classes, IB classes tend not to yield as much college credit as AP classes. (Especially at larger schools like U of M and MSU- Oakland and Wayne accept a lot). There also aren't tons of electives to choose from- only theater, art, drama, economics, foreign language, and music. There aren't the career elective classes like nursing that like you would see at a normal highschool. Also, because the school is so small, you have to do sports at your home district highschool (the school does have student council, NHS, NAHS, science olympiad etc)
This school, while not for all types of people, provides a unique insight to the surrounding world while also benefitting its students with a rigorous and stimulating education. The work is hard, but worth it for the amount of credits and scholarship/college opportunities that come with graduation. The Diploma Programme is equally challenging and beneficial, so if you or your student is focussed and wants a new type of challenge-based education, I would highly suggest this school.
I strongly believe that the IAM is an amazing school that provides a rigor that allows students to become truly prepared for college.
The International Academy of Macomb sponsors the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, and it is one of the most fulfilling programs I ever took part in. Rigorous and challenging, this school fully embodied the IB Learner Profile that it emphasizes extensively in its curricula. While this school isn't for everyone, it is easily one the best and most impactful decisions I ever made to attend there. The teachers care about each student as an individual and give you the resources you need to thrive; however, you have to take the initiative to reach your goals.
I believe International Academy of Macomb is an excellent school that provides quality education for its students. It prepares students for college in a way that is rigorous and effective. I believe I am a more well-rounded person because of the things I have been taught at my school. However, I do believe some of the staff are very close minded which decreases the amount of understanding possible for students within their class.
I transferred there around the beginning of a new semester and I was super nervous because I only knew a select few. I really love this school. The previous school I went to lacked diversity and many people were rude, but this school is very diverse and I made friends quickly. The academics are challenging and I don't have time to join clubs I'm interested in. The teachers are great, but I have some where they don't help me out even when I requested for some tutoring. Do expect to stay up late doing your homework until ungodly hours in the morning. The school is quite lenient and I really enjoy my time there so far. It was also my first time in a public school (I have been attending a private school my whole life) and it's an extremely hardworking and friendly environment. It's a great school if you want to challenge yourself academically and have a wide variety of friends.
This school will provide you with an amazing environment to learn. The community will help foster your personal growth, and the academic rigor will prepare you for college. The building is not ideal, but the people make the experience worth it.
I loved being surrounded by students and teachers who were always willing and eager to learn. Being able to have personal relationships with all of my teachers and classmates (because of the the smaller size of the school) made everything worthwhile. While in school, I often wished that some of the teaching styles would change; however, upon taking my IB exams, I found myself very much prepared.
Start Your Review of International Academy of Macomb
International Academy of Macomb is a very rigorous school;however, it prepares me for the best possible future. My twin brother and I go to separate schools and there is no doubt in my mind and in the mind of my family that international Academy prepares me so much better for collage. The end goal of the IB diploma is the best way to go. The teachers know all the students and they support you through everything. I have teachers on speed dial to have life talks about. They care about the students so much. I love my school! I love the opportunities it gives me.
The International Academy of Macomb provides students with one of the best educational programs for high schoolers in the nation. At times, however, the workload is excessive for a teenager and many teachers seem to come and go at an extensive rate. This is a concern, but the teachers that remain are dedicated to their students.
The International Academy of Macomb is a place that seeks to bring together bright and motivated students. The rigor here, while large, does prepare one for college while also bonding your class together as a family. Thus, this school was well worth my time, and I recommend others to attend as well!