International Academy of Flint Reviews

I like that the teachers care about the students grades, and well being. They keep the parents inform of what is going on at the school. The office staff is great in dealing with student and parents.
I love how they enforce rules. I love how the students get to participate on a lot of things such as SLO(student life organizations). I love how their getting us ready for college. They make sure we are students before anything else such as athletics. It is a very good school if your child, can take tests a lot. They put a lot of thoughts of having the younger students involved with the older ones. For example the older ones being mentors to kindergarten through sixth graders.
Teachers are very caring , they are helpful when you need them most andnice people. The learning is great but yet gives you a challenge ... chances to push yourself further. Allow you to understand your abilities.
Start Your Review of International Academy of Flint
It was amazing my whole life being there. They taught me so much stuff school wise and life wise. I learned that just talking stuff out would be a lot better then just jumping into conclusions and I also learned a lot of ways of helping people out being at IAF. I done a lot of helping in my IAF days.
I have been attending IAF since Kindergarten. The curriculum is one of the best in town. I like the fact that it is a college prep school so they are prepping us for college.
I've attended International Academy of Flint For 3 years now. How is my experience ??. I would rate this school overall a 5. The behavior system Is not fair and some students don't receive a consequence for they're actions even when they're wrong. The school lunch is not healthy what so ever students are being feed half cooked meals, which leads to stomach aces and other times food poisoning. The teachers and academic system is excellent !!. The teachers are very helpful and always open to help and listen to students that are having trouble with they're schooling tools or just needing someone to talk to. The academic system is very challenging for some students but it also prepares them for they're college journey in the long run.
I have been at IAF since Kindergarten so, I've been able to see all of the changes (both good and bad). I've learned a lot of lessons and met many great friends and teachers during my time there. Though IAF is one of the best schools in Flint, there's always room for improvement. Better training could be implemented for staff, better food options could be given to students, and "Student Management Coordinators (SMC's)" could find less harsh consequences to give students.
International Academy of flint challenges you to work harder in your academics. If you have never been challenged before in Academics, International is the place to be. You can guarantee curriculum that will make you work and have to think. International is not a school where you don’t have to study for an upcoming test, because you WILL need to study. Something that should change at International is that even though it is a college prep school it can sometimes be too challenging. You could have 3 tests a day or have 6 tests in one week. It can put stress on students, especially those involved in extracurricular activities such as sports.
international academy of flint is an good educational school they help you prepare for college. also they help you grow as a person they expect a lot from you at a young age that can either make you or break you. i have been going here since the third grade and i've been able too maintain the system and grow as a person.
International Academy of flint is a great school for all ages out of my 12 years attending IAF I never seen a case of bullying. In my opinion it is the most challenging out of all the schools in Flint and that's why I like it. Great teachers, it is a college prep.
I love the leadership programs within the school and the opportunities it gave me to meet new people. I wish it was more diverse and more open to students' opinions and wants.
I've been going to International Academy of Flint since I was in sixth grade. I am now a Junior in high school and i can say with complete assuredness that these years have been amazing and have been really preparing me for life. I wouldn't change anything about it at all.
It’s okay . it’s good educational wise , but you have to start their in kindergarten. it’s not bad though . the teachers could be better , their attitudes and the students attitudes always clash. which is not good if your actually trying to get your education. but the lunch could be better. I’ve been going here since 2005. it has changed a lot. In regards to teachers , schooling and the buildings. The classes aren’t that big. it’s rougly 30 students in each class with one or two teachers. The director is okay too.
International Academy of Flint is a college prep charter school with great academics to help high school students prepare for college and real life. Staff os strict on expectations from the students for the simple fact that we are not like most Flint schools. We are one of top schools in Flint Michigan. I am grateful to attend here.
It's nice and homey. The school is becoming more like an actual high school, which is great. It's becoming bigger and better day by day. The community is starting to become more involved with the school which helps. The athletics and academics are blossoming in full effect.
My experience is one that prepared me for the academic aspect of college extensively however it is also one that falied to give me the full highschool experience and prepare me for the extracurricuar aspect of college life due to its lacking in athletics, electives, and clubs
international is okay . well the education is okay. i wish we had more African american classes , but thats me. umm the lunch could be better though. so could the teachers , but thats it. ive been here for like 12 years.
Start Your Review of International Academy of Flint
IAF offers numerous curriculum's that engages students in understanding the world around them and how it makes an impact on others. IAF is part of the SABIS network which consists of many other sister schools in various regions. The system that they use to teach the students strives them to become excellent individuals.
I have been attending International Academy of Flint since kindergarten and I am now in ninth grade. Over my years here the experience has been good overall. I have repeatedly been challenged with academics, especialy math. The staff is respectful and comforting. Our student life program is the the heart of the school. This orginization allows students to be involved not only in the school but also the community. However, International Academy of Flint needs more extracirricular activities and classes. For example, a music class for middle and high school students would be a great addition as well as an high school girls basketball team. Overall, International Academy of Flint is the best school in Flint,Michigan.
The learning curriculum at this institution was phenomenal. My instructors were very engaging and structured. The office staff can be rude at times.