Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesD-
International Academy is a top rated, public school located in Bloomfield Hills, MI. It has 1,371 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 108 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
International Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+924 Students
- A637 Students
- B+361 Students
- B179 Students
- A+144 Students
- A+141 Students
- A+134 Students
- A+131 Students
- A+128 Students
- A+119 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.70 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.70 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.101 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.96 responses
International Academy Reviews
International Academy is an overall great school in regard to its academic rigor and its balanced learning environment. Each course follows the International Baccalaureate, with the Middle Years Program from grades 9-10 and the Diploma Programme from grades 11-12. It has a variety of enjoyable and skill-building clubs and activities in addition to a welcoming and nurturing environment. All of the teachers are focused on bettering education for their students and building future leaders One thing I would change about this school is the physical building. Currently, the building is relatively small in comparison to other high schools and the facilities (such as bathrooms and the gymnasium/cafeteria/auditorium) are underdeveloped. Despite these physical drawbacks, holistically, the school is a great opportunity for students to excel and gain essential knowledge beyond simple education that they can apply in the future to strive for success.
Very good education and teachers are amazing! However, social opportunities can be limited. Depending on the grade, students can be competitive and overly obsessed with academic performance.
Attending school at the International Academy has been a great experience for me. The academics at the school are outstanding. The IB diploma that students receive at the end of high school is the culmination of their success in completing difficult coursework. Though it is difficult to achieve the IB diploma, it is worth it in the end. The teachers at the school are very nice and always want their students to do their best. You can meet with the teachers before or after school, and they always want to help. If you are struggling with your grades, they will help you improve them because they only want you to see you succeed. Another thing is that the teachers really care about who you are outside of class. They care about the activities that you do and who you are as a person. Another thing about the school is that the class discussions are eye-opening. Hearing people's varying opinions about different topics is a great experience, especially when my opinion differs from theirs.