International Academy is a top rated, public school located in Bloomfield Hills, MI. It has 1,371 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 108 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
International Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+536 Students
- A360 Students
- B+195 Students
- B96 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+80 Students
- A+77 Students
- A+74 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingB-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.54 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.54 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 200 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.85 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.80 responses
International Academy Reviews
I love this school! Not a lot of people notice it till later, but the International Academy prepares their students for college very well and the teachers are really nice and puts a lot of effort. One thing I would change is that I wish we were more open to opportunities other than school and were more aware of other volunteer services or scholarships. Although we were educationally prepared for college, there was not a lot of information on how to finanacially deal with college.
I love that the vigourious curriculum does prepare students at our school for college and forces us to think outside of the box and continuously analyze and connect our learning to other areas of study. But I do believe that the school atmosphere as much as the curriculum that is taught is vital to a positive high school experience. Personally I feel the IA as of this year has been working to promote a more inclusive and welcoming community, however change doesn't happen overnight and it start with the administration listening to students who reach out for help and taking proactive measures in helping ensure change does happen. That hate and discrimination is no longer tolerated or dismissed but punished and set straight that respect above all else is necessary and must be shown to every individual despite your personal feeling towards an individual.
The International Academy is not just another high school, it's a community of kind and driven students, passionate teachers, and wonderful staff! Most people here are genuinely driven to learn and help others reach their full potential. The atmosphere is amazing, especially the tight bonds between each class, and even between the underclassmen and upperclassmen (unlike many other schools)! There are always teachers here to help if you ask, because they WANT to see you succeed. Furthermore, the Olympics we hold twice a year allow each class to battle it out for the title of first place and have a great time! The academics are also very focused and a little difficult at times, but that's the price to get an IB Diploma! Well worth it!