International Academy is an elite, public school located in Bloomfield Hills, MI. It has 1,371 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 108 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
International Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+471 Students
- A+296 Students
- B+140 Students
- A+81 Students
- A+80 Students
- A+72 Students
- B69 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.51 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.51 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 190 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.82 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
International Academy Reviews
The International Academy is not just another high school, it's a community of kind and driven students, passionate teachers, and wonderful staff! Most people here are genuinely driven to learn and help others reach their full potential. The atmosphere is amazing, especially the tight bonds between each class, and even between the underclassmen and upperclassmen (unlike many other schools)! There are always teachers here to help if you ask, because they WANT to see you succeed. Furthermore, the Olympics we hold twice a year allow each class to battle it out for the title of first place and have a great time! The academics are also very focused and a little difficult at times, but that's the price to get an IB Diploma! Well worth it!
The traditional high school, providing the goal of survival, trains an army of careless robots who just so happen to be the future. The is inaccurate in describing the IA; in fact, I have been pushed beyond my self-established limits. The teachers are extremely passionate about their subjects, creating an engaging environment focused upon skill development. As an IB school, the academics are rigorous, supporting determined students with deep passions and motivations. Learning is approached from questions and experiences. We are taught strive for a common goal: to be well rounded, to shape our world by first altering the way we think. I chose to attend the IA because I wanted an academically challenging school that appears with prestige on college applications. Little did I know I would receive so much more: valuable relationships, life lessons and inspiration, and most importantly, the motivation, skills and knowledge to make sense of the world experiences of myself and others.
The International Academy is a public, tuition free, high school of choice for students from 10 Oakland County, MI school districts. It is a great choice for high school education which provides a unique combination of rigorous academic standards and a practical, career-related education throughout the 190-day school year. The school curriculum is based on the world-recognized International Baccalaureate program. It concentrates on preparing students for success not only in colleges but in the world beyond. It combines excellent academic preparation with a number of extra curriculum activities. Students can take different Enrichment classes; they can start their own research, participating in different clubs as well as to help their communities.