International Academy - Okma Campus is an elite, public school located in Bloomfield Hills, MI. It has 1,620 students in grades 9-12. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
International Academy - Okma Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+111 Students
- A+68 Students
- B+44 Students
- B22 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+13 Students
- B+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
International Academy - Okma Campus Reviews
The thing that I like most about International Academy is the culture. With a small school, students are able to really get to know each other, especially with the inclusion of various team building activities such as Olympics, adventure challenge, and Group 4. The culture is very open-minded, diverse, and inclusive. Additionally, students at International Academy are always willing to help each other out and collaborate, so it does not have an overly competitive attitude, but rather a supportive one. It offers an IB curriculum, which makes it unique, and although it can be stressful, the faculty definitely attempts to help ease the burden and plan carefully to create a balanced curriculum.
The International academy is an international baccalaureate school, and the curriculum in place is very rigorous. Overall, as a senior at this school, I feel prepared for college but the 4 year process was very stressful. The problem with this school is that everything depends on the teacher you happen to get, because some are fantastic while others are not. In addition the facilities are sub par because it is an old elementary school building, and the overall experience is average, because it will not give you an advantage in getting into prestigous colleges
I graduated from International Academy in 2017, and while not a good student myself, I definitely noticed and appreciated how the school's teachers and academics prepared me for college. The amount of essays can get strenuous at times, especially near the second half of junior year, but due to that college is overall less stressful than that. My favorite part of the experience was the students, due to the diversity, and how open many were to helping out - your peers are a good resource.