COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
COVID-19 guidance for the Interlochen Center for the Arts community - Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade C minus
Providing an artistic and educational experience like nowhere else, Interlochen Arts Academy offers students the chance to work, study and live in an international community of artists. Students receive supportive attention and dozens of performance, gallery and presentation opportunities. Interlochen provides both college-preparatory academics and intensive artistic training in seven fine arts areas: creative writing, dance, film and new media, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, and visual arts. Academy students work with accomplished faculty, professional guest artists, and 550 other talented and creative students. Personalized guidance and expert portfolio reviews allow graduates access to selective colleges, universities and conservatories.
Interlochen has produced 46 Presidential Scholars in the Arts, more than any other high school in the country. Interlochen is a 2006 recipient of the National Medal of Arts, and a 2019 recipient of the Green Ribbon School award.
Interlochen Arts Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+143 Students
- grade A+138 Students
- grade B+95 Students
- grade A minus90 Students
- grade A+86 Students
- grade A minus85 Students
- grade A+83 Students
- grade A+81 Students
- grade A76 Students
- grade B65 Students
A Holistic Emphasis on Social and Emotional Growth
An integrated curriculum called The Interlochen 5 helps our students thrive artistically, academically, and socially. It infuses the development of five key capacities across artistic, academic, and residential learning: mindfulness, wellness, and resilience; creative capacity; interdisciplinary perspective and collaboration; global and cultural perspective; and community and citizen artistry.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
- Collage- where all art majors can perform23%
- Senior Trip - Mackinaw12%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 44 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 45 responses