Institute for Health Professionals at Cambria Heights is a public school located in Cambria Heights, NY. It has 280 students in grades 9-11 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1.
Institute for Health Professionals at Cambria Heights Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-29 Students
- B26 Students
- A+22 Students
- B+16 Students
- B+15 Students
- B13 Students
- A13 Students
- A12 Students
- A+12 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Institute for Health Professionals at Cambria Heights Reviews
At the Institute for Health Professions it was very interesting and amusing. It has taught and led me into things that I would’ve never thought of participating in. Our school is connected to the FDNY program where students of all grades could join. Having a great EMT program where you could get a job as an EMT when you graduate. The students are very good to get along with. Teachers are great because they are giving up there time to stay back and help their students. Another experience was that it prepares us for college. The school is a PBAT school where it requires a paper and present it in front of a panel. Yes, it’s scary but that’s the point it’s teaching us to get better. Seeing growth & improvement where you wouldn’t have that feeling anymore for where ever you’ll have to present because this school helped you get there. Most importantly we are a family. A family that avoids the drama but comforts, assist students through tough situations or not.
Institute for Health Profession at Cambria Heights is a small progressive school. It's very different from a typical high school which makes our school stand out in the eyes of many New Yorkers. IHPCH is a consortium school that values the students voice within our small school community. Students are not defined by their test score at IHPCH, the school uses in class written assessments to cultivate learning in an hands on based system. The students do not take Regents Exam with the exception of English. Instead of using the standardized Regents testing the school uses a performance based assessment. IHPCH uses performance based assessment task(PBAT) for students to conduct in depth, sophisticated research and analysis in different subject areas. IHPCH doesn't only cater to a students academic needs it is a school that strives to instill positive habits of mind in our school body.
High school was the best four years of my life. I made lifelong friends there as well as a good head start for my future. They offer Emt training and certification, first responder certification, and nurse training. I graduated from there with my Emt certification. There were a variety of clubs to choose from including a chess club and a girls club. Also, anyone was free to create their own club if they wanted. The teachers work hand in hand to make sure the students are learning what they are supposed to be learning and to prepare them for college.