Institute for Health Professionals at Cambria Heights is a public school located in Cambria Heights, NY. It has 280 students in grades 9-11 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1.
Institute for Health Professionals at Cambria Heights Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B23 Students
- A-23 Students
- A+17 Students
- B+15 Students
- B+13 Students
- B12 Students
- A11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Institute for Health Professionals at Cambria Heights Reviews
Institute for Health Profession at Cambria Heights is a small progressive school. It's very different from a typical high school which makes our school stand out in the eyes of many New Yorkers. IHPCH is a consortium school that values the students voice within our small school community. Students are not defined by their test score at IHPCH, the school uses in class written assessments to cultivate learning in an hands on based system. The students do not take Regents Exam with the exception of English. Instead of using the standardized Regents testing the school uses a performance based assessment. IHPCH uses performance based assessment task(PBAT) for students to conduct in depth, sophisticated research and analysis in different subject areas. IHPCH doesn't only cater to a students academic needs it is a school that strives to instill positive habits of mind in our school body.
It has been an awesome four years journey with this school. One of the coolest thing that this school teaches to their student is to explore their own capabilities. Students who attend this school will find teachers who are very caring and always willing to help them with their studies. There are variety of clubs in our school and each student gets selected on a club by doing a survey every year. Upon attending the clubs everyone is able to earn community service hours and boost their resume for college and future jobs. Our school places an honor roll chart to display the performances of student that they are doing with hard work. Every month there are field trips based on PBIS awards for students who arrive timely to school. Unlike other school this school opens opportunity for every students to go on line of medical field. Also, 'Good News' this school allows students to take only English Regents and grades students throughout the year based on their academic performance.
The Institute for Health Professions at Cambria Heights is a good school that is developing leaders and scholars out of their culturally diverse young men and women of the next generation with grit, resilience, and etc. By the time students reach their senior year, they're writing 10-20 page papers that are coherent and very unique. Courses such as EMT and Nurse aide are offered to the seniors because the school is focused toward the health professions which gives students with these interest further incite into the work they could be doing in the next 10-15 years. But overall, the Institute for Health Professions at Cambria Heights is a good school because the administration and faculty members insist on maintaining a closeness with their students.