Insight School of Minnesota Reviews

I like that there was many unique courses provided by this school besides the four core classes. This school has had my back since day one from the teachers, counselors, and other students. I enrolled in tenth grade and I will tell you it was the best decision I have made school wise.
Academics was great! As long as students did a fair amount of work each day, and kept on track, school was easy and even fun!
I never paid much attention to the extracurriculars.
Start Your Review of Insight School of Minnesota
Doing high school online was great! I didn't have to ride the bus into town or transport myself anywhere unless I wanted to. I learned so much more about math than I ever did going to the public school.
All the teachers I had while taking High School online were great! They put in the time and effort for each student and were very knowledgeable! They were very helpful and fun!
The school's technology is definitely not the best around, we tend to have technical problems quite a bit, resulting in class being canceled or assignments being delayed. The facility is great, the councilors are always there to help (through email of course), and they show a lot of concern in the students personal lives. As for the tutoring, parental involvement and prep resources, they are all a little scarce. Prep tools are handed out if asked for, tutoring is the same way, but there are not very many tutors to go around. Parental involvement is huge at this school, the parents are always informed with grade updates, activities, and class information.
The teachers here at Insight School of Minnesota are some of the nicest, easiest-to-talk-to teachers. One thing that is sort of a bummer, though, is that they really aren't available outside of class. We have to email the teachers in order to talk to them, and some of them take days to reply. That is one of the most challenging things to deal with. On the other hand, they are very accepting, they are well educated and use real world problems, and they help student who are struggling in classes to get their grade back up on track.
There are some chances to get together with other students, but there isn't much time to get to know each other. It's like a huge crowd of people you don't know, and you only can select a handful to get to know in the given time. At a traditional school, you know everyone almost right away, and or you have gone to school with them your whole life to its easier to talk to people. This school does have a lot of diversity, there are people from all over Minnesota who attend this school. But due to the fact that I don't know many of them, I wouldn't be able to say much about the conflict or challenges between them. This school, though does have a lot of acceptance and there are always teachers to talk to if help is needed.
This high school didn't have very many extracurricular activities for its students. The few it did have were low in quality and quantity, and were not funded very well.
At the last high school I attended, (Mora, MN), they were very strict with certain rules including dress code and relationships with others. I am on their side when it comes to dress code, no one wants to see personal parts, but I don't think schools should be able to control relationships, too.
I don't feel there was really anything specific that the teachers or administration did to try and prepare me for college or life after high school. The simple fact of the way the school works in terms of deadlines and schedules was what probably helped me the most. I had to learn how to effectively manage my time with few promptings or deadlines and learn how to teach myself the material I needed to know.
The very nature of an online school lends itself to diversity, but doesn't necessarily play as important of a role in interaction with one another.