Inland Lakes Secondary School is a public school located in Indian River, MI. It has 443 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Inland Lakes Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B32 Students
- B31 Students
- A29 Students
- B26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+24 Students
- B-22 Students
- B+18 Students
- B-15 Students
- A+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Inland Lakes Secondary School
- B-Pellston Middle/High School
- Pellston Public Schools, MI
- 4 reviews
- CWolverine Middle/High School
- Wolverine Community School District, MI
- 5 reviews
- B-Cheboygan Area High School
- Cheboygan Area Schools, MI
- PK, 8-12
- 80 reviews
- A-Petoskey High School
- Public Schools of Petoskey, MI
- 138 reviews
Inland Lakes Secondary School Reviews
I like that they like to engage the students in nearly everything from clubs to academics to sports. They are always up to engaging people in things at the school. However, the food is terrible and they could prepare us more for college readiness.
I spent 13 years at this school and am not sure I would attend again if I had the choice. I enjoyed that it was a smaller school. There were under 100 graduating kids in my class of 2013. The school ran off of athletics. That always seemed to be the most important aspect of our education. Everything revolves around sports. No one would take National Honor society or key club seriously. Favorite experiences were homecoming dances, a select few English classes and having work based learning as an option for 6th hour period. The school has a different principal now, so I am sure things are running much differently and more smoothly. There always seemed to be a double standard between students and teachers. It wasn't always the best environment to learn in.
What I like about inland lakes is that it is very small. I know everyone's faces when I walk down the hall to my classrooms. The teachers are very friendly and are more than willing to help you if you are struggling. I am a cheerleader so a lot of people know my face too. Its very helpful to me to feel safe while learning and become a powerful young woman.