Ingraham High School Reviews

When I first went to ingraham I didn’t like it at all. But overtime I became happy for the fact I came to ingraham. One issue I had was the lack of information on the ib program, such as the requirements and overall structure of the program.
I had an overall good experience attending Ingraham High School. I think at times too much emphasis is placed on the IB program, and students aren't made aware of other options such as general education classes and Running Start. The school has also gotten a lot less diverse in recent years, which is disheartening.
There are many excellent teachers in this school which make it a great experience. However, one in particular, Ms. Huffer is extremely condescending (and sometimes overtly racist) towards students and she does pick favorites, beware future students.
Start Your Review of Ingraham High School
I have really enjoyed my experience at Ingraham! The opportunities are endless. The school offers a wide variety of courses including the IB diploma.
I love the atmosphere at Ingraham! It is a great school for both general education students and also offers excellent IB and AP courses. The students are great and I would recommend it to anyone.
Very laid-back atmosphere. IB program causes stress among most students and school spirit is lacking.
This school is great. Teachers are very smart and easy to talk to. They all care about you gaining knowledge and about your life beyond high school. I have created some really great relationships with my teachers that helped me to get through high school. Classes are a regular size about 25-30 students I’d say. Every student gets enough attention from the teacher. The environment is very friendly in general and most of the people there are great and easy to talk to. The campus is pretty big too. They have a main basketball court and another gym downstairs that is split in two, so technically three inside gyms. They also have a huge football field, soccer field, baseball field and tennis courts. They have a pool too but it’s not a school property but is right by the school parking lot. The cafeteria food is the only thing that I would change about that school. But overall it’s a great school and very practical.
Going to Ingraham at first was scary as a freshman. But, as the year progressed, managing classes and creating friendships were easy. However, it was very hard to be involved in the school because of the segregation between the IB students/ ASB. Other students were judged and felt uncomfortable because they were stared at.
Best decision I made was to not do the full IB diploma. I’m very happy with the IB classes that I am taking now, and the amount of stress my decision relieved me from.
Ingraham is a great place to learn as an IB or running start student. Everyone is very friendly and open, and the school is very diverse. There is a big social divide in the student population between the general education and IB students, which is the biggest issue the school has.
It is difficult to rate Ingraham because it was a great school if you were an IB student, but less so if you were in the general education. The school's assigned district was already less wealthy than that of its neighbors, and all of the money received was from/used on the IB program and students. For an IB student it was wonderful, but for a student in general education or below it was less that adequate.
Great variety of academic opportunities (AP, IB) which increases college readiness. Nice and supportive atmosphere, a bit lacking in school spirit. Certain sports teams are really good, others not so much but the academics are the focus.
Over all I really enjoy Ingraham. The teachers seem to really care about their students. There is a lot to do and many events throughout the year. However going into my junior year as someone who had been taking honors classes I felt like I was being forced to choose between polar opposites(gen ed and IB). I ended up doing running start which I have enjoyed but I would have liked to spend more time at my high school.
I feel like Ingraham only values your education if you are an International Baccalaureate (IB) student, as a gen. ed student, I find that classes aren't engaging or interesting, and my teachers are putting more effort into their IB classes than to mine.
Amazing community, wonderful staff, awesome student body! I always feel so connected and involved. There are so many things to do whether that's get involved with a club, sports, or languages. Running start is als oa great program that is offered.
Ingraham is an IB school and that is why a lot of kids go there. However, IB at Ingraham does not help you and is a waste of time. The teachers that teach IB barely help you. No one really goes to clubs and nothing really happens at any of the club's meetings. Nothing really bad or dangerous happens at Ingraham. Some parts of the high school are new and renovated. There will be a new hall being built because more students are coming in.
I have loved every second of attending Ingraham. Even as our student population grows, we retain the close-knit community of a smaller school. It is really the community of dedicated students, staff, parents, and alums that makes Ingraham so amazing. There is sincere support on all levels for every student, and the friendliness and kindness of the Ingraham community is unparalleled in any other high school environment that I have seen. The IB program is one of the focal points of this school, and as an IB diploma candidate I can vouch for the importance of this course. The IB program challenges students like myself, and is an important addition to Ingraham's academic programs.
Start Your Review of Ingraham High School
Ingraham High School is an IB program school, with many classes available to take. I am a high school junior in the first year of IB, and all the teachers are very friendly. The classroom are big, with all of them equipped with smart boards and projectors. The newly remodeled forum area is great for lounging in between classes and lunch. The science building also has beautiful new equipment. The student life is great because there is a club for everything, and it's easy to create one. The sports at Ingraham are thriving, and the ultimate frisbee team is 11th in the nation.
I really liked how inclusive the students and staff were at this school. This school is also very diverse and I liked that. I would like to see more programs offered at this school. I know IB is offered, regular education and Running Start. Some people want an alternative to IB and Running Start such as AP classes but not IB. On the other hand, I also really liked how there were multiple clubs offered in this school. There was also a lot of help to get ready for college such as counselors and college visits to the school.
A nice community feeling. Lots of school spirit among the students. They seem inclusive, at least the groups my son associates with. Most teachers are solid. A few are not. Parent communication is mostly through e-mail. Teachers are quick to respond to concerns this way. Not very diverse - neither the students nor the staff. Sports and arts programs are strong.