Ingraham High School is a highly rated, public school located in Seattle, WA. It has 1,344 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ingraham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+363 Students
- B+161 Students
- A101 Students
- A-93 Students
- A+60 Students
- B+58 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+55 Students
- A54 Students
- A+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Ingraham High School Reviews
I really like Ingraham. People are very accepting here and everyone is pretty kind; I feel like people are less judgemental at IHS than at other high schools in the area (i.e. Roosevelt, Ballard, etc). The teachers are caring and great. There are a lot of places to eat around the campus. I have met some of my best friends here! There is a big difference though between IB and non-IB and the two groups tend not to interact very much, which is not good.
I really enjoyed the size of the school and the sense of community that comes with having a smaller high school in a big city. The social scene wasn't cliquey and everyone got along very well. The sports teams weren't very strong but school spirit and pride was high which made attending school sporting events really fun! The classes offered were super interesting as Ingraham has the IB program, offering higher level classes that were stimulating and prepared students well for college.
The community of students and teachers was really great, and the overall climate of the school was welcoming. Some teachers were better than others, but none were terrible. There were a variety of clubs and student organizations to join. I was not personally involved with sports here, but from what I heard the programs seemed good, but not perfect. The building itself is fairly old, but there are some new additions that are very nice. The cafeteria food was average (same food as every public high school in Seattle). The cafeteria itself is small, but this is not an issue because students can eat lunch wherever they want in the building, which gives a nice amount of freedom. I personally recommend the International Baccalaureate program offered here to anyone looking for a comprehensive accelerated program that prepares you very well for college.