Ingraham High School is a highly rated, public school located in Seattle, WA. It has 1,344 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ingraham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+326 Students
- B+145 Students
- A86 Students
- B+85 Students
- A+51 Students
- A-50 Students
- A50 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Ingraham High School Reviews
I really enjoyed the size of the school and the sense of community that comes with having a smaller high school in a big city. The social scene wasn't cliquey and everyone got along very well. The sports teams weren't very strong but school spirit and pride was high which made attending school sporting events really fun! The classes offered were super interesting as Ingraham has the IB program, offering higher level classes that were stimulating and prepared students well for college.
Tufts was good and bad. The science department is the school's Achilles heel, as the head of the department is not a skilled teacher, and the rest of the department are generally in their first 5 years of teaching. The IB program is a stellar opportunity for students around the city, and allows for a college level education at a high school. School spirit is generally high and the faculty really want the best for their students. The history and English Departments are particularly good. Sports teams may not be the highest scoring in the district, although all students are encouraged to participate in at least one physical activity. Clubs are heavily attended, and Principal Floe is a great administrator.
I really enjoyed Ingraham High School and I feel very prepared for college. It has a very wide array of opportunities for people to succeed in (like sports, drama, and classes). I especially like how welcoming it is; it really feels like home!