Indianola High School Reviews

The teachers and the staff are all very involved with their students. The students council and student body president and vice president love getting kids involved in all school activities. Indianola high school has also had clubs created while I have been here and students can start clubs whenever they want to for anything.
This school has helped me become a better leader and a kid full of character. I moved to Indianola during the start of my Junior year in 2018. I have enjoys every day of being here it is eye opening. There are opportunities everywhere you look at Indianola it is hard not to be involved in activities in the High school. Every parent helps you in almost every activity you are in they all care about you and for you getting better. The Academics are helping to prepare me in my future goals they help prepare you in every subject. With all the great teachers at Indianola. they all seem to go out of there way to help you be a better student to learn the material.
I like the involvement the students have, and the number of activities they’re allowed to participate in. I’d like to see more diversity, and for the mascot name to change.
Start Your Review of Indianola High School
In my class size of approximately 230, there is a very good chance that you know everyone in your grade. This is great for those who enjoy recognizing many faces and being able to interact with all sorts of people. There is also a plethora of activities ranging from sports, music, and other clubs. On that note, anybody can participate. There is always a need for more people in almost every activity so nobody feels left out. The teachers and counselors here are also very supportive; they are truly here to help the students learn and prepare for the next stage in life.
It's a pretty average high school but my experiences there haven't been the best and I wish it may have been a little better.
My experience with IHS is an awesome one. I feel ready for college from my experience at this high school, due to all the college level courses I have taken. The teachers are always prepared and willing to help.
I had a great experience at this school. The staff made sure you were able to get what you need for education and even created resources for you if needed.
I very much enjoyed my high school experience. There were a lot of activities to be involved in . I also liked the fact the we had the chance to take college courses through out high school and get a head start on college credit. The teachers were always friendly and encouraging, they really wanted us as students to succeed.
I really enjoyed my time at Indianola High School because of how involved the community and how positive the atmosphere was. I'm extremely grateful for my teachers because they were very supportive and always pushed me to do my best. The student body at Indianola was awesome! We were like a giant family just supporting each other and accepting our differences. I would highly recommend Indianola and the administration.
Indianola’s schools are a little different compared to other public schools in Iowa—even though it might not seem that way. The humor kids enjoy telling is a little strange to people outside the school, and it seems like the only way to fit in is by living there either your whole life, or long enough to where people forget you’re not from Indianola. The teachers all seem to really care about their students, the extracurricular programs are very big (and in some cases the music program seems to be larger than the sports program). All in all, IHS is a great place to go to high school. If you have the chance to go, don’t miss it.
I went here all 4 years. It is a great little school. Not the best funded but it is a nice little place to have a family.
At Indianola High School I have received a very good education. There is an abundance of upper-level classes which advanced students can be in. Also, the school provides lots of classes and resources for students who are struggling or need help with their classes. The teaching staff is very good and work well with the students. Of course, there are a few teachers which we students like better or worse but as a whole, the teaching staff does a great job. The principal and vice principal try and get out in the halls and either monitor us or they are greeting us students and talking to us. The school and the district as a whole is working to provide better facilities for sports as last year the throwers in track received new throwing rings and equipment. I am very glad I was able to go to school here because it has prepared me well for college and life after.
The Indianola school district is a great school district. It gives the same opportunities of a big school but still has the one-on-one feeling of a small school.
Indianola High School has been an amazing place for me to open my eyes to new things, and become involved in new activities. I have met teachers, and students that will be my lifelong friends.
I like how most of the teachers make you feel like you're apart of a family. They do very well at helping every student succeed in school.
My experience at Indianola High School has been a pretty average experience. I spent time in Cross Country on top of marching band and my classes during the fall. During the winter season, I played in the jazz band, pep band, and concert band. Our music department is doing so well and it is growing every year that goes by. I also spent time here doing some of the harder Advanced Placement classes. Which getting into these isn't really all that hard. You just talk to your counselor and they will ask you if you feel ok taking that class. And if that class isn't for you, you can drop it and change it for another class. I also had a wonderful time in our science department and learning about the human anatomy. I thought that the teachers in that department were great at teaching us the material and helping us put together what to study. This helped to further prepare for college in my years ahead of me.
I just moved to Indianola this year and was a little nervous to start a new school. But when the first day came, everyone was so nice and helpful. The teachers are great and so is the rest of the staff!
Start Your Review of Indianola High School
I like how many ways there are to participate in different activities, and how the teachers connect with the students.
I would like to see more AP classes and classes for college credit that satisfy degree requirements. There are handful of very talented engaging teachers but there should be more, and teachers that are not up to the chanllenge should be provided the opportunity to improve or move on. Sports are adequate but a struggle due to the size of the school. It is a smaller town and operates like a small town with all the good and bad that come along with it. There is the opportunity to attend half days at the local community college as a pet of a career program that provides an excellent opportunity to be exposed to a particular major prior to going to college.
I am a current student at Indianola High School! I really like Indianola High school because they are very one one oriented if you need help. They have set up one day a week that gives us an hour at school to go to teachers and get extra help or make things up and you can just use it as a study hall if you would like. Not much I could ask to change I think all the teachers do the best they can and do the best for the students.