Indianola High School is an above average, public school located in Indianola, IA. It has 1,107 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Indianola High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A160 Students
- A106 Students
- B+84 Students
- B-82 Students
- B66 Students
- A40 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+30 Students
- B29 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Indianola High School
- B+Carlisle High School
- Carlisle Community School District, IA
- 89 reviews
- A-Norwalk Senior High School
- Norwalk Community School District, IA
- 196 reviews
- CMartensdale-St. Marys Junior/Senior High School
- Martensdale-St. Mary's Community School District, IA
- 19 reviews
- BSoutheast Polk High School
- Southeast Polk Community School District, IA
- 239 reviews
Indianola High School Reviews
I really enjoyed my time at Indianola High School because of how involved the community and how positive the atmosphere was. I'm extremely grateful for my teachers because they were very supportive and always pushed me to do my best. The student body at Indianola was awesome! We were like a giant family just supporting each other and accepting our differences. I would highly recommend Indianola and the administration.
In my class size of approximately 230, there is a very good chance that you know everyone in your grade. This is great for those who enjoy recognizing many faces and being able to interact with all sorts of people. There is also a plethora of activities ranging from sports, music, and other clubs. On that note, anybody can participate. There is always a need for more people in almost every activity so nobody feels left out. The teachers and counselors here are also very supportive; they are truly here to help the students learn and prepare for the next stage in life.
At Indianola High School I have received a very good education. There is an abundance of upper-level classes which advanced students can be in. Also, the school provides lots of classes and resources for students who are struggling or need help with their classes. The teaching staff is very good and work well with the students. Of course, there are a few teachers which we students like better or worse but as a whole, the teaching staff does a great job. The principal and vice principal try and get out in the halls and either monitor us or they are greeting us students and talking to us. The school and the district as a whole is working to provide better facilities for sports as last year the throwers in track received new throwing rings and equipment. I am very glad I was able to go to school here because it has prepared me well for college and life after.