Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
Indianola Academy is an above average, private school located in Indianola, MS. It has 453 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. After graduation, 73% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Indianola Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-28 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-14 Students
- B+10 Students
- B+7 Students
- B6 Students
- B-5 Students
- C+5 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Indianola Academy
Indianola Academy Reviews
IA is filled with students who are there to learn, and has minimal disciplinary problems. Most classes are filled with rigor, which is fabulous, but I wish all teachers would teach with the end in mind, several teachers act more like college professors at D1 colleges. They give the assignment and a day or so later test on it. In many cases they failed to actually teach the student the material before testing, merely allowing students to dig through text and teach themselves. As an educator for 20 yrs. I can be pretty critical of the effectiveness of teachers. IA like any school has teachers who excel and have mastered their profession, but they also have several teachers who have not.
Most teachers are using multiple learning styles in their instruction, they very knowledgeable and are genuinely interested in seeing the students learn, have great communication skills with students and parents, they even have school emails where students and parents can email them. Grading is very consistent and grading policies are set by the school board.
Our school offers football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, swimming, cross country, tennis, and golf. Some clubs they offer are Outdoor club, guitar, science, math, stock market, choir, SADD, brotherhood of Christian Athletes, and more . All of these sports and clubs have great leaders, some of these clubs even compete nationally.