Indiana Connections Academy Reviews

I like how I can work at my own pace and I don't feel pressured to get everything done within a certain amount of time.
I just started Indiana Connections Academy this year, and I absolutely love it! I can work at my own pace, I learn to be a problem solver, and did I mention the teachers were incredible? This school is all that I want in a school and more!
My experience with Indiana Connections Academy has been an overall positive experience so far. The faculty and staff at Connections has been very kind and helpful when answering questions concerning classes, credits, and college. One thing that could improve the school would be to involve more off screen learning time in the lessons.
Start Your Review of Indiana Connections Academy
I attended Indiana Connections Academy for all four years of my high school career. Overall, it was a lovely experience. The work structure allowed for great flexibility and made me responsible for time management at a younger age. Teachers were very supportive and helpful in times of need. Subject level, the mature way that it was presented, and the responsibility involved with keeping up was a great way to prepare for college.
I liked that the classes were challenging but doable. I liked that the teachers were very nice and were always there to answer questions. I would have liked if the LiveLessons were more structured.
Indiana Connections Academy offers students flexibility that they would never have the opportunity to take advantage of in most other systems. For me, being able to work multiple jobs and have extracurricular activities and still graduate was a huge blessing. As far as other areas of life, depending on who you are. You might struggle a little more. Socially it is draining to spend your days at home doing work. It leaves less room for interacting socially. It also presents a hurdle when it comes to making connections with other students. There is little overall communication between students beyond rudimentary and otherwise basic interactions.
Indiana Connections Academy is the reason for my personal and academic success. My own children will go through this program one day!
I love how caring my teachers are. They are always available to help me and they are extremely caring. I always feel comfortable asking them questions and the feedback they give is nothing but kind and helpful. My classmates and I always have fun playing games during class. The teachers provide us with plenty of ways to learn and have fun while doing so. I am so lucky to go here and be surrounded by such supportive teachers and classmates.
The teachers were great, and the classes and course work offered were interesting and challenging. There was a great amount of schedule flexibility available.
Indiana Connections Academy is a very great school. The teachers are excellent and the courses are challenging but not overwhelming. Since it is an online school, students have more flexibility for when and how long they do their school work. Teachers are engaging, understanding, and helpful. They are gracious and almost always willing to offer extra credit and remediation. Although you aren't interacting with your peers in person at Connections Academy, you still have daily opportunities to interact with classmates and teachers through the virtual live lessons. Since switching to Connections I have had to make more of a effort when it comes to socializing which can be a downside. But that's really the only negative about this type of schooling. Overall, I think Indiana Connections Academy is a great school and a great alternative to brick-and-mortar public schools. I feel that I have learned more in-depth in my four years at Connections then I have at any other school I've attended.
A lot of the teachers were very helpful when you had a question. However, I felt overwhelmed because you have to be very on top of everything and sometimes that is not easy when you are not going to a school classroom.
Indiana connections Academy is great if you can teach yourself. If you’re a go-getter and can plan on your own then it’s perfect. I can only imagine mature high school aged kids doing this because it’s not a school that is going to really impact a students life. If you want a true education go to an actual school or a different online school. If you can handle it on your own then it’s fine.
Indiana Connections Academy is a very flexible school system. I don't have specific times to get lessons done each day so I can work around my other day to day activities.
I think the staff is great . Everyone is very helpful and good about making sure they provide all resources a student needs . There is a lot of support within the system .
It was an excellent online school, you could take any classes and get ahead, do extra curricular activities while doing your school work. You have teachers that's helps you with one on one with any work you have and is willing to help you get a better education and a bright future.
Connections Academy is a great learning option for those who cannot/do not wish to attend traditional school. It is a wonderful learn at your own pace with support from the many teachers and staff who give you their full attention. I felt very important at at this school, and my grades and attendance were valued by teachers who were more than willing to work with me. Overall I would highly recommend this schooling option to others!
I loved this alternative to traditional homeschooling. The public school in my hometown wasn't working for me but when I switched over to Indiana Connections Academy I saw a huge improvement in my education.
Start Your Review of Indiana Connections Academy
I've gone to a public all my life so coming to a new environment of online school was difficult. I came in my sophomore year, and planning on finishing there because I love it so much! The teachers are very helpful, and for the most part, care about your education. I've had multiple teachers this year continue to keep in contact with me even after moving onto my junior year, to make sure I'm on track to get into the college of my choice. The school has a decent amount of electives to choose from, and more career-focused ones that will help you later on. Overall I would recomend online school to anyone.
I liked Connections in that it gives you the ability to do school from home. However, I had some issues with it.
The school claims to allow you to work at your own pace. If by “at your own pace” you mean you can complete lessons at whatever time of day you like, then sure. But if you mean that you have freedom to work slowly or quickly with no penalty, then no. The reality is that teachers will call/webmail you if you’re behind, and if you’re ahead, you will miss out on modifications they make to major assignments. There is also not enough time to complete major assignments. Tests are often given just one day to study for, regardless of the fact that you may have a 5 paragraph essay to write and three weeks’ worth of material to review. And some research papers you may only be given two days to finish, with all of your other work. Additionally, teachers and counselors often take days to get back with you, especially if it's close to state testing or the end of the semester.
I was able to work at my own pace and make up a year of school in a semester so I was able to graduate in 3 years. The teachers stay in contact and understand there are many different reasons as to why students are at ICA so they do their best to make you comfortable.