Indiana Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Indiana, PA. It has 837 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Indiana Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-142 Students
- A+85 Students
- A69 Students
- A-37 Students
- A+34 Students
- B29 Students
- A+28 Students
- A-21 Students
- A21 Students
- A+16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB-
- Good for FamiliesB
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Indiana Area Senior High School
- C+Apollo-Ridge High School
- Apollo-Ridge School District, PA
- 52 reviews
- B-Blairsville Senior High School
- Blairsville-Saltsburg School District, PA
- 31 reviews
- B-Homer-Center Junior/Senior High School
- Homer-Center School District, PA
- 38 reviews
- C+United Junior/Senior High School
- United School District, PA
- 41 reviews
Indiana Area Senior High School Reviews
Most activities here are revolved around and focused on sports. Most clubs deal with sports, most after-school activities are sports. The poor theater program in always underfunded, and even had to look to the community this year just to pay for what they need! All clubs that 'develop leadership skills' are filled with the same 'type' of student. Other clubs aren't taken seriously (such as the foreign language clubs), but I enjoy mine. It's hard for a student like me whose interests aren't like the majority of students who do Key Club or are athletic or are just typical. There are students, like myself, who have interests in things that don't have opportunities which then makes it hard later in life when we're applying to colleges and can't provide many extracurricular activities because we won't force ourselves to join a club or activity we don't enjoy.
Indiana High school has very good teachers and staff, but often times technology is used in place of teaching. Teachers are pushed to include activities on Chromebooks and other devices. This leads to teachers not teaching the class and students becoming confused and not knowing the material. The school is safe and clean. I do not think the classes prepare people for college because it is extremely easy to excel in them.
Indiana Area Senior High School is a great school in an academic regard, but there are several factors I would like to see changed. First, I would like more Advanced Placement class options. Our choices are very limited. Second, I would like to see more opportunities for socializing, as well as possibly some more rennovations because our school is quite disgusting in some regards. Overall, our school is pretty great, but it could be better.