Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities is a top rated, public, magnet school located in Muncie, IN. It has 330 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1.
Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A285 Students
- A+248 Students
- B+187 Students
- A+94 Students
- A-92 Students
- A+71 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+51 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities
- A-Yorktown High School
- Yorktown Community Schools, IN
- 91 reviews
- ABurris Laboratory School
- Public School
- Muncie, IN
- 57 reviews
- B+Wapahani High School
- Liberty-Perry Community School Corporation, IN
- 74 reviews
- B+Delta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 79 reviews
Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities Reviews
The Indiana Academy for Science Mathematics, and Humanities has provided the best opportunities for me! I have had access to classes here that I never would have at my old school. The cirriculum is challenging but it well prepared me for college! The teachers are amazing and professional in their courses! The only think I would change at this school would be the unorganization. The school can be unorganized with convocations and information.
Going to the Academy is one of the best things I have ever done. It has prepared me so much for college, my old school does not even compare. I have made incredible friends, and am lucky enough to have gotten the best roommate. There are some issues in terms of students, but the pros definitely out-way the cons. I am going into my senior year, and can not wait to be back at school!
The Academy offers the opportunity to truly enjoy your learning experience as a high school student. I was able to connect and grow close to many of my teachers, allowing me resources to strive in college. Living as a residential student, the friends I made became family, and I now have friends from all over the world. The Academy offers many opportunities to intern, take Ball State courses, and ultimately strive during your time there. The high-intensity courses encouraged me to take advanced courses in college, and readied me for vigorous studies at the university level. I was pushed to be my very best in my academic studies and, while at times it was very hard, I was able to achieve it.