Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics & Humanities Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A198 Students
- A+175 Students
- B+138 Students
- A68 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+39 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics & Humanities
- AYorktown High School
- Yorktown Community Schools, IN
- 81 reviews
- A-Burris Laboratory School
- Burris Laboratory School, IN
- 51 reviews
- BWapahani High School
- Liberty-Perry Community School Corporation, IN
- 62 reviews
- B+Delta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 64 reviews
Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics & Humanities Reviews
The Indiana Academy has been one of the best decisions of my life. However, the administration is extremely corrupt, we, the students, are nothing but dollar signs. The administration threatens teachers with pay cuts when they don't agree with a new rule, they tolerate bullying and racism, and they put their own paycheck in front of us students and teachers. The Academy administration condones racism, bluntly honest. But, the Academy community does not. Students have created petitions for a stronger rule against racism, clubs have met together to address the problems, and even parents are getting involved. The administration is the only sour point of this school. The faculty and staff are excellent and truly care about students. I strongly recommend this school to everyone. It challenges your academic ability and your humanity.
My mom has dubbed The Indiana Academy "college on training wheels"-a fond and truthful nickname. Students live in dorms on Ball State campus, giving them a feel of what living away from home is like. All teachers have at least a master's degree, if not a PHD, in their chosen field. Their weekly office hours are accessible to students, allowing them to better know the friendly and resourceful staff. While going there was scary at first, I'm glad that I took the risk to go there. Not only did it deepen my education and better prepare me for college, but I also made lifelong friends and better learned about myself as a person.
Indiana Academy does an excellent job of preparing its students for higher education. A rigorous curriculum, highly qualified faculty, and diverse student body all contribute to an outstanding academic experience. Many AP and dual credit courses are available to students, and these courses are arguably more difficult than even their Ball State equivalents–that is, Academy students are studying at a higher level them some college students. Additionally, most of Academy instructors have either a master's or doctorate degree, and they sincerely care about the success of every one of their students. Finally, students come all over Indiana, bringing with them unique backgrounds, identities, and worldviews. I have had a wonderful two years here, and I am proud to graduate from such an esteemed institution.