Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics & Humanities is a top rated, public school located in Muncie, IN. It has 315 students in grades 11-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1.
Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics & Humanities Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A241 Students
- A+208 Students
- B+160 Students
- A81 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+44 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics & Humanities
- AYorktown High School
- Yorktown Community Schools, IN
- 86 reviews
- A-Burris Laboratory School
- Burris Laboratory School, IN
- 56 reviews
- BWapahani High School
- Liberty-Perry Community School Corporation, IN
- 68 reviews
- B+Delta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 69 reviews
Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics & Humanities Reviews
Academics are rigorous and challenging while still remaining at a manageable level in order to push students to excel. Student's safety is guaranteed and having the resources of Ball State University available to us was extremely beneficial to my education and I think taking Ball State Classes helped me in both handling collegiate level academics and in giving my college application a leg up over my peers. One of the biggest flaws in the Indiana Academy is their mental health support services. Although resources weren't ideal to begin with, in the Fall of 2017 the were NO LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELORS available to students for the entire semester. In a stressful and new environment like a residential HS, mental health is a prominent issue among a majority of students. Protocol for students experiencing problems with their mental health is extremely flawed and borderline dangerous. Additionally, discrimination is prevalent and handled just as poorly as mental health.
The Indiana Academy has been one of the best decisions of my life. However, the administration is extremely corrupt, we, the students, are nothing but dollar signs. The administration threatens teachers with pay cuts when they don't agree with a new rule, they tolerate bullying and racism, and they put their own paycheck in front of us students and teachers. The Academy administration condones racism, bluntly honest. But, the Academy community does not. Students have created petitions for a stronger rule against racism, clubs have met together to address the problems, and even parents are getting involved. The administration is the only sour point of this school. The faculty and staff are excellent and truly care about students. I strongly recommend this school to everyone. It challenges your academic ability and your humanity.
Absolutely wonderful experience for mature and academically proficient students. I was able to enter college with over 30 transfer credits, including AP credits, dual-credit classes, and foreign language skills. I would not be where I am today without the Academy. I received a full-ride to IU Bloomington, I was directly admitted in the honros program at Kelley School of Business, and I am significantly ahead of my peers in experience with studying for college classes.