Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Indian Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Gnadenhutten, OH. It has 464 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Indian Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B81 Students
- C+77 Students
- A+59 Students
- A-58 Students
- B-54 Students
- B24 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Indian Valley High School
- B-Claymont High School
- Claymont City School District, OH
- 92 reviews
- BGaraway High School
- Garaway Local School District, OH
- 39 reviews
- B+New Philadelphia High School
- New Philadelphia City School District, OH
- 78 reviews
- BTuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- 62 reviews
Indian Valley High School Reviews
At Indian Valley High School, I really enjoy how we have equal funding for our athletics and our clubs. For example, we have several grants for our clubs to balance out the several fundraisers for sports. We also have a great program for education because we have some of the best teachers teaching us. However, I would love to see more diversity at our school because we are located in a very unpopulated area therefore decreasing our rates in varying cultures, races, religions, etc.
Overall Indian Valley is a pretty good school. Everyone gets along with everyone. We don't really have snobby kids. I'm in the marching band and some of my closest friends are cheerleaders and football players. And that's one thing I truly love about Indian Valley. We are all a big family. All of the teachers are pretty great. However the math department needs some improvement on how the teachers teach. The lit and comp, history, science, shop/engineering, and fine art teachers are all so amazing!!
The school is very political and it is all about last names, especially in sports. The school is very sports-based and academics are on the back burner. Also, there is a lot of bullying throughout the school. Some of the teachers play favorites. They also struggle to challenge the gifted students in their classes. The school needs to become more inclusive over-all and change the importance back to academics.