Indian Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Gnadenhutten, OH. It has 489 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Indian Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B70 Students
- B-61 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-46 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-18 Students
- B17 Students
- A17 Students
- B16 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Indian Valley High School
- B-Claymont High School
- Claymont City School District, OH
- 81 reviews
- B-Garaway High School
- Garaway Local School District, OH
- 38 reviews
- B+New Philadelphia High School
- New Philadelphia City School District, OH
- 64 reviews
- B-Tuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- 58 reviews
Indian Valley High School Reviews
Indian valley high school is a small, close knit school. It is not a terrible place to be, however it is also not the best. It is very small with only about 500 students. There is hardly any diversity. There may be 10 students in the school of a different race. There is also not very many sports but that is due to the fact there is not many students. We have all the basic sports; nothing like lacrosse or tennis or swim. Our school is not the best at having clubs either. They are not taken very seriously and they are very small. The clubs we do have do not do a whole lot throughout the year. Indian valley however is not the type of school based on popularity. For the most part, everyone gets along. We do not have snobby cheerleaders or football players that push other students around. Everyone tries to mind their own business. The majority of the staff is great. A lot of the teachers truly care about the students and what they learn.
I like how involved we can get. We have spirit week just about every week, and there are tons of clubs and organizations to get into. Plus, the school is always clean. The teachers are reasonable and likable, and they'll help you in any way they can. The only thing I wished they would change, is that they stop focusing on football 24/7 and give some of the other sports recognition. For example, there's only one senior night, and that's only on the last home football game. The players get announced, yet there's nothing like that for track or softball or baseball. Our boys are going to playoff and there's this huge event for them, but our volleyball girls have gone to state three times in a row, yet they don't receive any special recognition or event.
My experience at this high school has been amazing. The athletic events are fun and all students are involved whether that's playing in the band, sitting in the student section, being a cheerleader, playing in the games or making signs. The Pep Rallies get everyone excited and prepared to support the athletes. Spirit Weeks get everyone involved and wanting to participate in the school even if they can't attend the game. There are clubs like Art Club, Pep Club, Cyber Club, Movie Club and Student Council. There's something for everybody at my school. We are all like a family in this high school and I wouldn't trade it for anything. This is one of the best high schools you could attend.