Indian Trail High School & Academy is an above average, public school located in Kenosha, WI. It has 2,287 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Indian Trail High School & Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+188 Students
- B+188 Students
- B188 Students
- B182 Students
- B+92 Students
- A+86 Students
- B73 Students
- A-68 Students
- B58 Students
- A-52 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Indian Trail High School & Academy Reviews
My experience at Indian Trail has been exceptional! Excellent quality of education with teachers that strive to see their students succeed. Many options to choose from both academically and socially. The school falls short of a five star review due to its lack of full enforcement of school policies and rules. Although administration works their best to create equal policies, they are not enforced by counselors or deans
Indian Trail is a school that needs to focus more on engaging students in clubs and activities and prepare students better for college. The teachers need to prepare students better for the ACT. Teachers should also be allowed to improve the curriculum if they see improvement. English teachers at Indian Trail are top notch. Science department is the next best followed by language and math. Non honors or AP students need better teachers. The sports at Indian Trail are nowhere near as good as they should be with such a high student population. Coaches are not the best at Indian Trail. I felt safe at Indian Trail because we had one armed guard and plenty of safety precautions for all types of unsafe situations. The school has plenty of resources for student, parents and staff. Lastly, Indian Trail is a good school that is kept clean and has new facilities for students, staff, and parents. However, the studnet parking lot is very congested after school is let out and has many pot holes.
Spent my first year in the Med Sci Academy (transferred to the general high school for my last 3 years because I didn't have an interest in pursuing a medical career.) The Med Sci Academy has a rigorous course study and very quality teachers. The Academy expects you to maintain a certain gpa or else you may be removed from the program, due to this you work along side many students who are serious about their education and often benefit you and your learning. The Academy provides laptops or ipads to all of their students to aide in their coursework(must be returned at the end of the year). The general high school is adequate in comparison to the academy. There are many students who do not take their education goals seriously in the gen. h.s. and there are many teachers who are poor at teaching the material for their class. There are ample extra curricular activities available at indian trail for both the academy as well as high school.