Indian Trail High School & Academy is an above average, public school located in Kenosha, WI. It has 2,293 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Indian Trail High School & Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+244 Students
- B242 Students
- B236 Students
- B226 Students
- B+109 Students
- B100 Students
- A+100 Students
- A-84 Students
- B76 Students
- A-67 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Indian Trail High School & Academy Reviews
Indian Trail High School and Academy is the largest high school in Wisconsin. The high school consists of a diverse population of 2,287 students. The campus is composed of a comprehensive high school and four academies. The academies are business, medical science, military, and communications. With such a big school, you may assume that students feel small. However, Indian Trail has always made it a priority to make every student feel at home and has instilled a sense of belonging through the welcoming culture of the school. Indian Trail has numerous clubs so that every student may find an outlet that caters to their interests. Some of our clubs include Women's Empowerment Club, K-POP Club, Crafternoon, Smile Club, Key Club, NHS, philosophy club, and anime club. Overall, I would strongly recommend Indian Trail to parents and students with a focus on continuing education in college.
My experience at Indian Trail has been exceptional! Excellent quality of education with teachers that strive to see their students succeed. Many options to choose from both academically and socially. The school falls short of a five star review due to its lack of full enforcement of school policies and rules. Although administration works their best to create equal policies, they are not enforced by counselors or deans
I've encountered wonderful, caring teachers while I was there. The music program especially is phenomenal and the sport program have many options to chose from. It offers many AP classes and wonderful apprenticeship and intern programs. Despite this, kids don't seem to be getting the best day to day experience. From rude security guards, to administration who when are given complaints by students, usually turn the issue around to make it the students fault. Regards to your child's mental health are usually not taken seriously around this school.