Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Indian River High School is a highly rated, public school located in Philadelphia, NY. It has 828 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Indian River High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C63 Students
- A39 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+30 Students
- A-23 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+21 Students
- C21 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Indian River High School
- BCarthage Senior High School
- Carthage Central School District, NY
- 134 reviews
- B-Watertown Senior High School
- Watertown City School District, NY
- 121 reviews
- C+Alexandria Central High School
- Alexandria Central School District, NY
- 24 reviews
- BCopenhagen Central School
- Copenhagen Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 29 reviews
Indian River High School Reviews
IRHS is a good school, especially when compared to the other schools around the area. That’s mostly due to the large amount of military funding that we get from Fort Drum. Overall, I’ve enjoyed IRHS. I think it’s amazing how good our arts programs are. A the school supports the arts just as much as sports. There’s a huge student involvement when it comes to extracurriculars. We have something for everyone, from football to anime club. However, I wish the guidance counselors were more helpful. I only see my guidance counselor once a year to discuss my future for 15 minutes before they move onto the next student. However, if you really need help or guidance, you can always seek it out. But you have to look for it. They won’t reach out to you first. There’s also a huge bus driver shortage which is leaves us with late buses going to two towns. Sometimes, it take me 2 hours to get home if I stay after school for an extracurricular. But other than that, IRHS is an amazing school.
Personally, coming all the way from Hawaii to New York into this schooling system it was a huge change. The students and staff were very welcoming and already had people ready to show me around. The teacher's play a very active role in our education, by always checking to make sure we maintain our grades. They push us to make sure we have everything aligned to apply for colleges or whatever we would like to do after high school.
Everyone is very welcoming to military families, which is good since most of the kids in the school are in fact military. The school is very clean most of the time, and the faculty members make themselves known throughout the school. They do their best to make your opportunities known to you, and attempt to give everyone a chance to take academically challenging classes. Many kids seem to be invested in sports and other extracurricular activities, and these activities have been represented pretty well. Overall, I am satisfied with the school, and I hope to take advantage of their opportunities.