Indian River High School is a highly rated, public school located in Philadelphia, NY. It has 883 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Indian River High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-39 Students
- A25 Students
- A-19 Students
- A+15 Students
- B15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B10 Students
- B10 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyC+
- Cost of LivingC
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Indian River High School
- B-Carthage Senior High School
- Carthage Central School District, NY
- 125 reviews
- B-Watertown Senior High School
- Watertown City School District, NY
- 119 reviews
- C+Alexandria Central High School
- Alexandria Central School District, NY
- 25 reviews
- B-Copenhagen Central School
- Copenhagen Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 28 reviews
Indian River High School Reviews
Everyone is very welcoming to military families, which is good since most of the kids in the school are in fact military. The school is very clean most of the time, and the faculty members make themselves known throughout the school. They do their best to make your opportunities known to you, and attempt to give everyone a chance to take academically challenging classes. Many kids seem to be invested in sports and other extracurricular activities, and these activities have been represented pretty well. Overall, I am satisfied with the school, and I hope to take advantage of their opportunities.
Indian River is not a bad school to attend, especially for the Upstate area. Although the surrounding schools and areas are on the poor side, Indian River has very good funding thanks to the large military base nearby. The principal, Troy Decker, is a beyond amazing educator who cares about each student personally. This is a great high school for people of any interest; there is an incredibly strong theater program and an equally strong athletic counterpart. For the most part, the faculty is great.
I have had a very positive experience at Indian River. There are so many opportunities to connect with other and meet other students; wither it's at one of the many clubs offered, through the music program, or even in the theater there is a place for everyone. Academically the school offers free tutoring from other students, and most teachers regularly stay after to assist any students wanting help. The only thing about Indian River that I can complain about would be the food, I would suggest you pack your lunch.