Indian River High School Reviews

Throughout my 4 years of high school I've really enjoyed my time at this school. The teachers and staff are very polite and are always there to help when a student is in need.
When I used to go there, I had excellent teachers that strive to help you. They were always trying their best to help you succeed and not fail.
I am a graduating senior from here and I loved my high school experience. Great teachers and great academics but the disopline is alot more lenient than needed.
Start Your Review of Indian River High School
Indian River is a great high school to attend. The classes that are offered are challenging which makes it perfect for upcoming college students. College won't be easy and Indian River's classes prepare you for that. I'd like to see a wider range of AP and college classes offered. Getting a head start on college classes and credits is such a great idea especially when they are a discounted prices.
Indian River High School has been a wonderful place for me to further my education and prepare for my future at a university. I have been a very involved student, and Indian River High School has provided a plethora of opportunities to do so. The majority of staff and students are very kind, and willing to go the extra mile to help one another. I am grateful to Indian River High School for providing me with a safe and sufficient environment to learn and grow. The school has a wonderful academic program, and encouraged me to try AP classes. I have already gained college credit from two of those classes, and intend to pass three more before graduation! The administration does an excellent job at limiting distractions from the learning process in an appropriate but effective manner. Overall, I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Indian River High School.
My experience at Indian River has been very good the past four years. I have ben a member of the band and nearly all its smaller ensembles since freshman year and it has been a truly rewarding experience. I love the students that I've met through the arts program and formed many friendships that I know will last a lifetime. My teachers have always strived to help me when I ask for it, and the administration works to create a great environment for learning.
Indian River High School has many opportunities for students, from engineering to health professions to performing arts. Every student can easily find a class or activity they enjoy. Some of the teachers can work on being more organized.
I liked that in this high school there was all types of different people, some were nice, some were not, but I didn't like that it created all types of different cliques and it made you feel the need to belong to one.
People can say all they want about attending high school and how terrible it is but Indian River has given me the best four years of my life. The teachers are extremely helpful and go out of there way to make sure you understand even if that means coming before or after school. This is especially true for the science and math departments. IR is a place where everyone can find a place to fit in. There is a wide variety of clubs, extracurricular activities, and pathways for every student to pick from. I graduate this coming May and I will truly miss Indian River.
While I was attending Indian River I enjoyed the athletics, there were many teams that I could participate in if I chose to, the coaches were fantastic, and the athletic director was my favorite! Academics were ok, a majority of the teachers didn't know what they were doing, and those that didn't were quickly removed. The teachers that have been at IR for a long time are the most beneficial because they know what they are doing. The only problem I truly had with the school itself was the administration and the rules that were enforced. As it would turn out they only did what they had to to abide by Indian River School District Codes which were complete, and utter trash.
I'm a freshman,I personally think the school isnt the best or the worst.It is very crowded when you switch classes. The lunch lines are extremely long.We have 30 minutes to eat.One time I was in the lunch line and I spent around 23 to 25 minutes in line.So I only had around 10 minutes and eversince that happened I've started to pack my lunch.We rotate schedules everyday.You also have diferent lunch times everyday.Some have lunch as early as 11:30 While the latest lunch is at 1:15.School dismissal is at 2:45.There are great teacher that help when you need help.There are barely fights or bullying.Time in each classes are used wisely.
This is my eighteenth school and I like it a lot more then most. Everyone's very nice and I haven't had any problems.
I loved being in the band/marching band and being in the art club!!
I enjoyed the time i spent there but if i could chose, i don't know if i would go back.
There are some things that could be better. Dress code could be less strict. teachers could be more interactive. more money could be given to the arts.
We have everything from chess club to art club, and even a general games club! Our administration is fully supportive of most of these clubs, and the commitment from the students is phenomenal.
Thus far at IR I've made the friends that I hope to keep close for the rest of my life (or at least through college), and I have met many others that share similar goals and interests with me. The people are great, the teachers are great, there really isn't anything to dislike at IR, and I feel as though everyone wants to succeed and help others succeed too.
Start Your Review of Indian River High School
With a combination of both visual and auditory teaching techniques, teachers at IR can break through to any student. They genuinely care about whether we are prepared for the real world and for college, and are doing their best to help us if we are ever struggling. In short, they are frickin' amazing.
Almost all clubs and organizations are willing to teach people who may not know about the topic and are willing to learn. If a person is willing to put in the effort the students and faculty involved are more than willing to put in the effort to give the children the help in extracurricular activities they deserve. Some of the clubs I remember most were honor society, student council, as well as HOSA club. The administration was very open and willing to support any club and activity that a child was passionate about. The administration at Indian River supported anything that the kids supported.
I would chose Indian River over again in a heart beat. I felt very involved and appreciated while I was in attendance in this school; and even though I experienced some very sad moments in my life I became the person I am today and I do also believe that Indian River as a whole prepared me for the success that I am seeing in my academic future.