Indian Lake High School is a public school located in Lewistown, OH. It has 484 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Indian Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+58 Students
- A-33 Students
- B32 Students
- A-32 Students
- A-31 Students
- B-29 Students
- C+26 Students
- A18 Students
- C+17 Students
- C17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Indian Lake High School
- BBenjamin Logan High School
- Benjamin Logan Local School District, OH
- 119 reviews
- B-Waynesfield-Goshen Local High School
- Waynesfield-Goshen Local School District, OH
- 19 reviews
- BWest Liberty-Salem Middle/High School
- West Liberty-Salem Local School District, OH
- 62 reviews
- B-Jackson Center High School
- Jackson Center Local School District, OH
- 12 reviews
Indian Lake High School Reviews
I’ve gone to Indian lake since kindergarten and I have never had a problem with it! I feel safe, the high school lunches are pretty good, and I feel the teachers all do their very best and they do an excellent job. If you’re getting a bad grade it’s because you’re not trying hard enough or you’re too busy to get your work done and study!
What I like about Indian Lake High School is how important sports are in the district. Everyone in the community comes out to support the kids and the school promotes the sports in a positive way as well. What I would like to see change about Indian Lake is the favoritism among the sports. Every year, football gets new equipment and jerseys because everyone loves football. Meanwhile, a lot of the women's sports don't get to have that opportunity because the community doesn't come out to support them as much as they do for men's sports.
While I've enjoyed my time at Indian Lake, I'm not absolutely certain I would want to do it again. Eighteen years is long enough in rural Ohio. On another note, the parents at this school aren't the best. I find that many of my friends are living exactly how their parents want them to. Many of my friends only apply to the schools their parents want them to, and only join activities their parents want. This doesn't encourage future decision making as an adult. Also, the community is overwhelmingly more supportive of our (relatively weak) athletic program, rather than our (relatively strong) music program. The parents involved with the music program are, in general, wonderful.