Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Indian Creek Senior High School is a public school located in Trafalgar, IN. It has 613 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Indian Creek Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A110 Students
- A+97 Students
- B74 Students
- C+68 Students
- B-59 Students
- B57 Students
- B44 Students
- A-38 Students
- B+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Indian Creek Senior High School
- BSouthwestern High School
- Southwestern Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 23 reviews
- C+Brown County High School
- Brown County School Corporation, IN
- 57 reviews
- B-Martinsville High School
- Metropolitan School District of Martinsville, IN
- 229 reviews
- BGreenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 195 reviews
Indian Creek Senior High School Reviews
Indian Creek Senior High School is an average school compared to other areas surrounding us. The teachers are fine when it comes to aiding students. I have never been afraid to ask questions and seek help. But I know others may have a different opinion then I do. The small building is easy to navigate, and it’s hard to get lost. Funding for school activities is not a priority at Indian Creek. Almost all programs have to raise their own money and funds if they wish to participate in state wide events. Homecoming and other school spirit events also lack attendance. The food is below average at best. The range in options for vegans/vegetarians is extremely slim. My vegetarian friend has trouble filling up at lunch because of this. The diversity is extremely slim. Indian Creek has a few African Americans, but the majority of the population is Caucasian. Though, Indian Creek does have a good amount of LGBTQ representation. Overall, ICHS is an average school.
My experience at Indian Creek High School has been fairly positive. I have had many opportunities to join school clubs, sports, and arts programs. I feel as though this institution is lacking in an appreciation/funding for the arts. The number of fundraisers we have to complete due to a lack of school funding are unreasonable, yet we still need more funds to be successful. I feel that I am not getting all that I need to be successful in the academic area of mathematics. Due to the small size of the school, there is a smaller amount of teachers. As of now, only one teacher is currently teaching the college-prep courses. Because of this, I am now having to independent-study my dual-credit english course through one of my top choice universities. I wish our school was able to supply its students with more faculty and resources for a successful future in areas the student may be struggling in.
I love going to school at Indian Creek! I have gone here my whole life and recently I have discovered something about my school that makes me love it more. We have an excellent special ed/essential skills program. Recently there have been multiple students moving to our school from other areas just for this program. I am in the essential skills room everyday and I can see the future of the children and it’s going to be successful.